Background Problem

Post by Teri » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 08:17:08

Hi all,

I've just created a web page and applied a background
color.  The problem I have is that once I've uploaded all
the files and view my page on the net, there is a thin
white stripe down the left hand side about 1mm wide.  I
can't figure out how to get rid of it.  If I apply a
background color, shouldn't it color the WHOLE page?

Thanks

Background Problem

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 08:25:42

URL?

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> Hi all,

> I've just created a web page and applied a background
> color.  The problem I have is that once I've uploaded all
> the files and view my page on the net, there is a thin
> white stripe down the left hand side about 1mm wide.  I
> can't figure out how to get rid of it.  If I apply a
> background color, shouldn't it color the WHOLE page?

> Thanks

Background Problem

Post by chri » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:59:52

1 mm? does that mean that you have a very thin white line on the left of
your page and you are viewing it with a HUGE monitor or does that mean you
have a HUGE white space on the left of your page and you are using a very
TINY monitor?

anyways... try this:

marginwidth="0">

you don't need to specify bottom i think. or right for that matter.

chris.

Quote:> Hi all,

> I've just created a web page and applied a background
> color.  The problem I have is that once I've uploaded all
> the files and view my page on the net, there is a thin
> white stripe down the left hand side about 1mm wide.  I
> can't figure out how to get rid of it.  If I apply a
> background color, shouldn't it color the WHOLE page?

> Thanks

1. background problem

I want my background to be a gradient going from a color on the left to
white. The color part would only be about 1 inch and be only on the left
. I have created a gif, which does this, but when I insert it in my page
as a background it repeats again on the right side of the screen so I
have the left side correct but the color part repeats on the right side.
I used to do this in FP98 and the background was correct. The gif would
only repeat itself from top to bottom. NOw it is repeating itself form
top to bottom and left to right.

Thanks
Gadi

2. Suggestions on S/W for learning

3. Background problem

4. Several DNS/Active Directory Problems

5. TABLES background problem

6. Is there a way to figure out which serial port an external modem is attached to?

7. Background problems

8. Table background problem, PLEASE HELP

9. Table backgrounds problem with Netscape

10. Help with Background Problem with AOL Browser

11. background problems

12. Frontpage background problems