Background pictures vs. Pictures

Post by Fran » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm VERY new to FP2000.

> I'm trying to place a washout picture (from a gif or jpeg) to appear
behind
> everything on every page on a web.  I've played both with making the image
> on all pages as a background (I'm using shared borders and one of the
themes
> that comes with FP) and with making it a picture that I insert and send to
> the back and washout.  I have several questions and problems.

> 1.  Are there any benefits of using a gif vs a jpeg?

> 2.  No matter what I try, the image doesn't cover the entire page.  Also,
as
> I read it, using the image as a background (vs. as an inserted picture)
and
> a watermark, according to the Help online, is supposed to tile the image
and
> fill the entire page but it doesn't.  Does it have to be a certain size
> image to begin with?

> 3.  In trying to make the site as generic as possible, I've also played
with
> various levels of the compatibility.  Right now I am trying compatibility
> with IE and Navigator, and with ver. 3.  Do these settings influence what
> I'm trying to achieve?

> 4.  VERY STRANGE PROBLEM:  within the web, there is one page that has 4
> links on it that represent four different activities or clubs.  FP
> automatically added an "UP" button to the shared border at the top of each
> of these linked pages.  That is great BUT, in IE 5.0, the button works
just
> fine and returns me to the page that has all 4 links, just as it should.
> BUT a friend running IE 4, while she sees the "UP" button, the button's
link
> doesn't return to the calling page but somehow magically  is linked to the
> background gif!!!!  Hovering over the "UP" shows the xxx.gif as the URL!!!

> What is going on here??

> I appreciate ANY clues on ANY of these.

> Thanks

Background pictures vs. Pictures

Post by MountainLady(Pam » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

First a image tiles providing it smaller then 800x600 screen size.
If you want  it as a full background you use format|background  menu to set
the image.

If you making a regular image  you  use insert graphic menu

also the watermark properties  only works for ie
it not supported by nun browser.you also need your browser compatibility set
to ie only

gwynne

Quote:> > I'm VERY new to FP2000.

> > I'm trying to place a washout picture (from a gif or jpeg) to appear
> behind
> > everything on every page on a web.  I've played both with making the
image
> > on all pages as a background (I'm using shared borders and one of the
> themes
> > that comes with FP) and with making it a picture that I insert and send
> > the back and washout.  I have several questions and problems.

> > 1.  Are there any benefits of using a gif vs a jpeg?

> > 2.  No matter what I try, the image doesn't cover the entire page.
Also,
> as
> > I read it, using the image as a background (vs. as an inserted picture)
> and
> > a watermark, according to the Help online, is supposed to tile the image
> and
> > fill the entire page but it doesn't.  Does it have to be a certain size
> > image to begin with?

> > 3.  In trying to make the site as generic as possible, I've also played
> with
> > various levels of the compatibility.  Right now I am trying
compatibility
> > with IE and Navigator, and with ver. 3.  Do these settings influence
what
> > I'm trying to achieve?

> > 4.  VERY STRANGE PROBLEM:  within the web, there is one page that has 4
> > links on it that represent four different activities or clubs.  FP
> > automatically added an "UP" button to the shared border at the top of
each
> > of these linked pages.  That is great BUT, in IE 5.0, the button works
> just
> > fine and returns me to the page that has all 4 links, just as it should.
> > BUT a friend running IE 4, while she sees the "UP" button, the button's
> link
> > doesn't return to the calling page but somehow magically  is linked to
the
> > background gif!!!!  Hovering over the "UP" shows the xxx.gif as the
URL!!!

> > What is going on here??

> > I appreciate ANY clues on ANY of these.

> > Thanks

Background pictures vs. Pictures

Post by Fran » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

Thanks!  That is helpful to me.

Another question.  The "manual" says that if you use a theme, which I am,
the background picture is set via the theme, and that works fine.  But is
there a way to then also make that a watermark, so that text floats over the
fixed picture?  I can't find a way to do that.

Thanks!

> [...]

> > > automatically added an "UP" button to the shared border at the top of
> each
> > > of these linked pages.  That is great BUT, in IE 5.0, the button works
> > just
> > > fine and returns me to the page that has all 4 links, just as it
should.
> > > BUT a friend running IE 4, while she sees the "UP" button, the
button's
> > link
> > > doesn't return to the calling page but somehow magically  is linked to
> the
> > > background gif!!!!  Hovering over the "UP" shows the xxx.gif as the
> URL!!!

> > > What is going on here??

> > > I appreciate ANY clues on ANY of these.

> > > Thanks

Background pictures vs. Pictures

Post by MountainLady(Pam » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

Since the theme controls  the background , the normal background and the
watermark may not be availed.
I donor use the themes  so I know  on that one

gwynne

> Thanks!  That is helpful to me.

> Another question.  The "manual" says that if you use a theme, which I am,
> the background picture is set via the theme, and that works fine.  But is
> there a way to then also make that a watermark, so that text floats over
the
> fixed picture?  I can't find a way to do that.

> Thanks!

> > First a image tiles providing it smaller then 800x600 screen size.
> > If you want  it as a full background you use format|background  menu to
> set
> > the image.

> > If you making a regular image  you  use insert graphic menu

> > also the watermark properties  only works for ie
> > it not supported by nun browser.you also need your browser compatibility
> set
> > to ie only

> > gwynne

> > > behind
> > image
> > > themes
> send

> > Also,
> > > as
> picture)
> > > and
> image
> > > and
> size

> played
> > > with
> > compatibility
> > what

> 4
> > each
> > > just
> should.
> button's
> > > link
> > the
> > URL!!!

1. picture frames vs. different sized pictures

Hi, I have a database results page (.asp) with a blank picture frame in it.
The frame is filled with various pictures, depending on the results of the
database search - but not all the pictures are the same size!  Therefore,
the pictures are skewed out of shape if they are not the same dimensions of
the picture frame (the picture is forced to fit in the frame).

Is there a way to have the picture either truncated or to keep its relative
shape in a picture frame with different dimensions?

Thanks in advance,
Scott Johnstone

2. Recommend Music Orchestration/Composing Books?

3. Picture watermark in background picture

4. Need quick, cheap WEDDING invite font (PC)

5. Background Color vs Picture

6. Modem connection to Netware server?

7. Background pictures / background sound

8. Moving User shared folders

9. Picture Graph in Front Page is not the Picture graph on the Web

10. rotating pictures on page (changing pictures automatically)

11. opening a link from a small picture to a big picture in its own window

12. Displaying Default Picture when 'Real' Picture Doesn't Exist

13. Displaying Default Picture When Picture Doesn't Exist