Formatting number database fields

Post by MJ Dunde » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:20:56

I have FP2k, w/ Access2k, a field called "money" and one
called "phone".  I can display the fields, however this
not any formatting.  I realize that Access data does not
contain the formatting that it displays.  BUT, I need
it...  Any help?  I found an old post, but it doesn't
contain anything any longer....

Thanks, Michael

Formatting number database fields

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:22:58

Money:
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/dbrwtipsandtricks.asp#currency
Phone:
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/dbrwtipsandtricks.asp#phone

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Spider Web Woman Designs

Quote:> I have FP2k, w/ Access2k, a field called "money" and one
> called "phone".  I can display the fields, however this
> not any formatting.  I realize that Access data does not
> contain the formatting that it displays.  BUT, I need
> it...  Any help?  I found an old post, but it doesn't
> contain anything any longer....

> Thanks, Michael

Formatting number database fields

Post by MJ Dunde » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:36:16

I'm still a little confused where / how to place those
statements.  Would you mind an example or a little more
elaboration?

Thanks, Michael

message

>> I have FP2k, w/ Access2k, a field called "money" and one
>> called "phone".  I can display the fields, however this
>> not any formatting.  I realize that Access data does not
>> contain the formatting that it displays.  BUT, I need
>> it...  Any help?  I found an old post, but it doesn't
>> contain anything any longer....

>> Thanks, Michael

>.

Formatting number database fields

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:59:30

You would make the changes in your SQL - if you're using the DBRW, in Step
2, click Custom Query.

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

> I'm still a little confused where / how to place those
> statements.  Would you mind an example or a little more
> elaboration?

> Thanks, Michael

1. formatting numbers in database results field

Can anyone help me with this?  I have a database results region created with
the "insert database results" wizard in frontpage2000.  The recordset is
based on a query that sums costs.  The field is formatted in the query to
display currency and when run inside Access2000 does so.  When opening the
page however, the numbers are displayed as real numbers without the currency
symbol and contain anywhere from 5 to 6 decimal places?  Is there anyway to
get these numbers formatted correctly when displayed in the html table via
the database results wizard or by any other means?

2. how do you see desktop for remote monitoring

3. Formatting numbers in Database region

4. Qu: TPW - Starting an Application

5. Database Results Wizard - Number Format

6. securing the internet access

7. Formatted Numbers in Database Query

8. Bitbus Interface for SPARC

9. Formatting A Number To Currency Format

10. date field and rounding of numbers in FP databases

11. Max number of web access database fields

12. Blank number fields in database

13. max number of database fields