Installing Front Page Server Extensions on Web Server

Installing Front Page Server Extensions on Web Server

Post by Derek Kirkma » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to set up a Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0 with
the Front Page Server Extensions. I have installed front page on the
same machine and was going to use front page to actually set up web
hosting that we are going to do. When I try to open a web, it gives me
the message that it can't open or create anything because the server
extentions are not installed on the root web.

I have a directory for all of the web sites that I am hosting under the
main directory. This directory is called web server. Front page is
looking at this directory and using it as the root directory. Can any
figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have checked out the SERK kit, but I haven't found a solution as of
yet.