Where is FP98 60-day trial version?

Post by Jamshid Afsh » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Microsoft's home page at http://www.microsoft.com/ie40.asp has a link to
"Check out the Microsoft FrontPage 98 free trial version while it lasts!
Download the 60-day trial today." but the link takes me to the old FP98 Beta
download, which expires at Dec. 31.

It has been that way since early this morning, but I figured the link would be
fixed soon or they would remove the link if they couldn't get the FP98 trial
version online.  The workday is over and they never fixed removed the link
from the home page or put the trial version online. Am I missing something?  I
can't believe a professional web site would have a mistake like this for so
long.

Jamshid Afshar

Where is FP98 60-day trial version?

Post by Mark Fitzpatric » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Jamshid,
        The FP 98 beta will expire on December 31st.  The link for the 60
day trial was placed there over a month ago.

        Hope this helps,
        Mark Fitzpatrick

>Microsoft's home page at http://www.microsoft.com/ie40.asp has a link to
>"Check out the Microsoft FrontPage 98 free trial version while it lasts!
>Download the 60-day trial today." but the link takes me to the old FP98
Beta
>download, which expires at Dec. 31.

>It has been that way since early this morning, but I figured the link would
be
>fixed soon or they would remove the link if they couldn't get the FP98
trial
>version online.  The workday is over and they never fixed removed the link
>from the home page or put the trial version online. Am I missing something?
>can't believe a professional web site would have a mistake like this for so
>long.

>Jamshid Afshar

Where is FP98 60-day trial version?

Post by Dan Hamme » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

FrontPage 98 expires Dec 31.  This is the way they always do it.  After Dec 31
you're out of luck

Dan Hammes
Abiding Web Inc.
http://www.abidingweb.com

> Microsoft's home page at http://www.microsoft.com/ie40.asp has a link to
> "Check out the Microsoft FrontPage 98 free trial version while it lasts!
> Download the 60-day trial today." but the link takes me to the old FP98 Beta
> download, which expires at Dec. 31.

> It has been that way since early this morning, but I figured the link would be
> fixed soon or they would remove the link if they couldn't get the FP98 trial
> version online.  The workday is over and they never fixed removed the link
> from the home page or put the trial version online. Am I missing something?  I
> can't believe a professional web site would have a mistake like this for so
> long.

> Jamshid Afshar

Where is FP98 60-day trial version?

Post by Thomas A. Row » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

The FP98 Beta is the 60 day trial version.

Tom

>Microsoft's home page at http://www.microsoft.com/ie40.asp has a link to
>"Check out the Microsoft FrontPage 98 free trial version while it lasts!
>Download the 60-day trial today." but the link takes me to the old FP98
Beta
>download, which expires at Dec. 31.

>It has been that way since early this morning, but I figured the link would
be
>fixed soon or they would remove the link if they couldn't get the FP98
trial
>version online.  The workday is over and they never fixed removed the link
>from the home page or put the trial version online. Am I missing something?
>can't believe a professional web site would have a mistake like this for so
>long.

>Jamshid Afshar

Where is FP98 60-day trial version?

Post by Veget » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

If I were you, I'd test the beta and purchase the retail version.
--
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Joo Hang Cha

ICQ UIN: 4880825
SiteBuilder Network Level 2 Member
Microsoft Developer's Network Online Member
ClubSBN CSS Division (http://www.clubsbn.net/)

begin 666 Joo Hang Cha.vcf
<encoded_portion_removed>
end

Where is FP98 60-day trial version?

Post by Jamshid Afsh » Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>        The FP 98 beta will expire on December 31st.  The link for the 60
>day trial was placed there over a month ago.

I know a link to the FP98 Beta has been advertised on the MS home page several
times in the past few months, but the link has never mentioned it was a "60
day trial version" like the link that was up most of Monday Dec. 8.  I just
checked again and they have reworded the link back to "free beta version while
it lasts! Available only until Dec. 15 [and expiring Dec. 31]".  My guess is
that MS is planning on releasing a 60-day trial version of (the non-beta) FP98
but there was some confusion about when they would make it available. I would
not be surprised if they make a trial edition available after Dec. 15 (like
the MS Money 98 trial edition).

I was hoping to be able to download and use the trial version of FP98 until
our admin department gets the FP98 Upgrade in.  I do have FP98Beta installed
and use it but it crashes a lot, especially when working in a <PRE> block.

Jamshid Afshar

Where is FP98 60-day trial version?

Post by News M » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

It's true that FP98 Beta crashes a lot (every 30 min).

How can you be sure that problem with doctor watson will be resolved, if you
can't test the final version.

Perhaps MS will give us new functionnalities ?????