_file can't be seen

Post by George Heste » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 01:16:01

I have noticed that if a file begins with a underscore character _ say like _upload.asp then FrontPage cannot see it.  The file does NOT appear in the folder view on the left side of FrontPage 2002.  How can I force FrontPage 2002 so that it DOES see these files that have names that begin with a underscore character?  Thanks.

--
George Hester
__________________________________

_file can't be seen

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 01:21:12

Tools | Web Settings | Advanced | Show hidden files and folders

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> I have noticed that if a file begins with a underscore character _
> say like _upload.asp then FrontPage cannot see it.  The file does NOT
> appear in the folder view on the left side of FrontPage 2002.  How
> can I force FrontPage 2002 so that it DOES see these files that have
> names that begin with a underscore character?  Thanks.

> --
> George Hester
> __________________________________

_file can't be seen

Post by Armond Perrett » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:05:04

> Tools | Web Settings | Advanced | Show hidden files and folders

Why doesn't this same setting allow FP (2002) to display folders associated
with wordart xml pages (such folders named "*_files")?  And why do these
(unwanted) files show up in the TOC?

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

_file can't be seen

Post by George Heste » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:28:49

OK Kathleen I can try that.  I remember or think I do anyway that doing this setting can result in "Bad" stuff.  What that "Bad" stuff was I do not recall but I just remember reading something once and saying to myself, "Self, you better not do that anymore."  Have you ever heard of any issues that may arise by doing this setting?  Thanks.

--
George Hester
__________________________________
Tools | Web Settings | Advanced | Show hidden files and folders

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

> I have noticed that if a file begins with a underscore character _
> say like _upload.asp then FrontPage cannot see it.  The file does NOT
> appear in the folder view on the left side of FrontPage 2002.  How
> can I force FrontPage 2002 so that it DOES see these files that have
> names that begin with a underscore character?  Thanks.

> --
> George Hester

_file can't be seen

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 04:50:15

Nope. Just keep in mind that some of the files and folders may be hidden for a reason, so be careful when making changes.

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
MVP FrontPage