Send to database

Post by ccc » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I made a fp2000 form, let it create the database, verified it.. and now when
i fill in the form.. and download the database it does not have any records
in it.. any suggestions?

Send to database

Post by mhartma.. » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00

When you filled in the form and sent it, did the confirmation page come
up saying that the data had been posted to the database?

Did you link all the fields in your form to fields in a table in the
database?

I just did all this yesterday for the first time and ran into a few
difficulties along the way, but I think I have it figured out for the
most part now.  My only problem now is that I want to have a customized
confirmation page and that isn't working right yet.  Any advice on that?

Anyway, if you need more help with the actual database linking part, let
me know.

Meghan

Quote:> I made a fp2000 form, let it create the database, verified it.. and
now when
> i fill in the form.. and download the database it does not have any
records
> in it.. any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Send to database

Post by mhartma.. » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00

When you filled in the form and sent it, did the confirmation page come
up saying that the data had been posted to the database?

Did you link all the fields in your form to fields in a table in the
database?

I just did all this yesterday for the first time and ran into a few
difficulties along the way, but I think I have it figured out for the
most part now.  My only problem now is that I want to have a customized
confirmation page and that isn't working right yet.  Any advice on that?

Anyway, if you need more help with the actual database linking part, let
me know.

Meghan

Quote:> I made a fp2000 form, let it create the database, verified it.. and
now when
> i fill in the form.. and download the database it does not have any
records
> in it.. any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Send to database

Post by Brian P. Hamme » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have had that same problem before.  I found it easier just to make an ODBC
connection to a database and add the tables you need to store various
information.  This is of course you are using your server or that your ISP
will set up an ODBC source for you.
What I did to correct the problem was go to web settings, remove the
database connection.  verify that it was removed in the global.asa (text
editor) delete the pages, database and start all over.  I am not sure but it
seemed to work better when I kept the database to one name without
underscores.  Like data1.mdb and not data_base_1.mdb.

Hope this helps
Brian

Quote:> I made a fp2000 form, let it create the database, verified it.. and now
when
> i fill in the form.. and download the database it does not have any
records
> in it.. any suggestions?

Send to database

Post by bernie.bo.. » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

  My only problem now is that I want to have a customized

Quote:>confirmation page and that isn't working right yet.  Any advice on that?

I used the confirmation wizard in FP2k and inserted the confirmation
fields as required. The field names are as per your form. These are
case sensative like everthing else.

In the form set form properties, options. confirmation page to the URL
of the confirmation form (e.g. confirm.htm)

Hope this helps

Rgds
Bernie
London, England