Bug report-ZDnet

Post by Daniel Dixo » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

ZDNET is running a story about a fp user that knocked out their C: drive
by trying to make it a web page. Although this is not a program bug, I
thought that I'd share the story with the group. Go to the anchor desk
story to check it out. if your reader doesn't do
html<<http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/content/zdnn/0505/313529.html>>

Bug report-ZDnet

Post by Kevin Spence » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

    ZDNET is running a story about a fp user that knocked out their C: drive
by trying to make it a web page. Although this is not a program bug, I
thought that I'd share the story with the group. Go to the anchor desk story
to check it out. if your reader doesn't do
html<<http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/content/zdnn/0505/313529.html>>
    Although your message states that this is not a bug, your title implies
that it is. Therefore, I have copied the relevant portion of the article
below, which explains how the user did this, and why it is NOT a bug in the
program:
    "The problem occurred when a user changed the default setting for a Web
site he wanted to store on his hard drive. But to replicate the problem, a
user would have to delete by hand the default location for the Web site,
turn the entire C drive into a Web site, then delete the site. The user also
would have to ignore explicit warnings popping up on the page, including one
that asks users if they really want to convert the whole C drive into a Web
site."
    Hope this helps,
    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    http://www.takempis.com
    Specializing in Internet Database Connectivity
    with ASP, IDC and Internet Programming

1. FP2K BUGS BUGS BUGS - AARGH!!!

I am having difficulty with FP2000.  It's driving me mad.  There are two
things that irritate the hell out of me:

1) We use Navigation VIew a lot.  When you double-click on a page, it opens
the home page instead of the page you actually want;

2) Some pages scroll very very slowly.  They don't have to have lots of
images either, they just scroll when editing incredibly slowly.

I'm using a PII-333 with 128Mb RAM so it's not really a PC issue.  Is there
a patch or something that can fix these problems?

Thanks,

Danny Bielik
Sydney, Australia

2. DB2/400 ODBC Security

3. BUG!!BUG!!Active X & FP97 MAJOR BUG

4. Pine, POP and downloading mail

5. Reporting FrontPage Bugs

7. How To Report FP Bugs

8. Houdini announcement expected Nov 15 (DOS-compatible Quadra 610)

9. Reporting Microsoft FrontPage Bugs

10. Reporting Microsoft FrontPage 97 Bugs

11. Reporting Microsoft FrontPage Bugs

12. Reporting FrontPage Bugs