Hover buttons vs. mouse over script

Post by dbarrett9 » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Can someone please provide me with the code for a "mouse over" java script.
Hover buttons are not stable enough for my needs.

Mouse over event to be a change from one gif to another.

Also, can the mouse over gif be an animated gif?

Advanced kudos,

Dean

Hover buttons vs. mouse over script

Post by Thomas A. Row » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

See Resources | Scripts on my site below

Yes, you can using Animated GIFs

The script is basically the same as written by FP98 when using Active Themes.

--

====================================
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

>Can someone please provide me with the code for a "mouse over" java script.
>Hover buttons are not stable enough for my needs.

>Mouse over event to be a change from one gif to another.

>Also, can the mouse over gif be an animated gif?

>Advanced kudos,

>Dean

Hover buttons vs. mouse over script

Post by John Aidiniant » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Java Script: builder.com has an excellent web-based tool that will generate
the code to
do this, then show you where to paste the various snippets into your
document.  Go to <http://www.builder.com/Programming/Scripter/> and look for
Mouseover Machine in the list of Cool Tools on the left.
Apparently though it is best to avoid using them, as if they do not load,
then the user has no way of navigating
your site.

Hover buttons vs. mouse over script

Post by Mike Dough » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Thank you John  Aidiniantz for the post! I came to this ng looking for
an answer to a slow-loading page that used FP 98 hover buttons. There
were several earlier posts with similar javascript solutions, but none
of them worked for me except this one at:

http://www.builder.com/Programming/Scripter/

The page in question has a mix of FP 98 nav buttons and these
javascripted ones. This solution allows a mix of the two types in the
same page. This could be useful info for others with a similar
situation. For those who are interested in the page the url is:

http://www.sketchpad.net/photoshp.htm

The page could probably still use some tune-up so any suggestions
would be appreciated.

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999 21:19:02 +0100, "John Aidiniantz"

>Java Script: builder.com has an excellent web-based tool that will generate
>the code to
>do this, then show you where to paste the various snippets into your
>document.  Go to <http://www.builder.com/Programming/Scripter/> and look for
>Mouseover Machine in the list of Cool Tools on the left.
>Apparently though it is best to avoid using them, as if they do not load,
>then the user has no way of navigating
>your site.

Mike Doughty
Mike's Sketchpad
http://www.sketchpad.net

1. newbie help on hover buttons/mouse overs

Hi!  I just found this newsgroup and it looks great!

I have seen hover buttons mentioned and am interested in using them but
the FP1.5 help doesn't contain any info on them.  How do you create
them?  What about mouse overs?  Are they the same thing?

Thanks in advance :)
Courtney Carvajal
MapFrame corporation

2. How to invoke OCX's method in C#

3. Buttons/Mouse Overs

4. On the Home Electronics World in Cologne

5. FP Hover buttons vs Dreamwaever Hover

6. Advise about software protection

7. Hover buttons vs "active" theme buttons

8. Lantastic for OS/2

9. Sound on Mouse Overs.... Please Help

10. Inserting sounds on mouse overs

11. Mouse Overs