Form Mail Not Mailing

Post by OsiTech.Ne » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello folks:

I created a website using FrontPage 98. However, I can  not get the formmail
to work. The server is Unix based. I am at a loss and the ISP is no real
help. Does anyone has any input for me, maybe websites where I can educate
myself?.

Thank you.
_______________________________
OsiTech.Net
a computer support company for small and home office
http://www.ositech.net
909-920-5999

1. Problem sending mail when local web not mail-enabled

My server (NT 4, IIS 3) is configured to send mail using the FrontPage
SaveResults bot.  If I create a form on the server, I can fill it out,
submit it, and direct the results to my email account.

If, however, I create a form in a web saved locally (without the
Personal Web Server), I get a message saying the server is not
configured to send email, asking if I want to delete the email
recipient.  If I say no, and publish the file, when I submit the form I
get a 404 Not Found error.

The difference in the HTML is that the working form has this FORM tag:
<form METHOD="POST" action="_vti_bin/shtml.dll/james_test.html"
webbot-action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">

...and the non-working form has this:
<form method="POST"
onSubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;"
action="_vti_bin/shtml.dll/testpage.htm"
webbot-action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">

How can I tell the editor to simply create a valid form, given that the
server is correctly configured?  Secondly, just out of curiosity, what
is the intended function of the second syntax?

Please CC responses.
Thanks,
-- James

2. Best INI maintenance

3. mail form script with mail template

4. Emulating hardware buttons

5. Sending Form Mail - Success but no mail is sent

6. How to get Xemacs TAB functionality under GNU emacs?

7. form mail -- no error but doesn't send mail

8. Is this correct behavior?

9. Sending Mail From a XP machine w/FP (mail form?)

10. SEND form via mail TO - the field in the form - not a constant?

11. Can Frontpage send mail to multiple mail adresses

12. Form results not e-mailing

13. Form results not e-mailing!