Collapsible List

Collapsible List

Post by vgeie » Sun, 18 May 2003 02:16:33



How can I get a collapsible list to line up with other
items on the page.  Whenever I create a collapsible list
it is indented to the right and I cannot get it to line up
where I want it. It also puts two lines between the last
item on the page and I would like it to be on the next
line.  I would appreciate any help
 
 
 

Collapsible List

Post by Jim Buyen » Sun, 18 May 2003 03:35:22


Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>How can I get a collapsible list to line up with other
>items on the page.  Whenever I create a collapsible list
>it is indented to the right and I cannot get it to line
>up where I want it. It also puts two lines between the
>last item on the page and I would like it to be on the
>next line.  I would appreciate any help

Collapsible lists are basically HTML lists (although
enhanced with some scripting that shows or hides selected
nodes). As such, they inherit the same indentation as all
other HTML lists.

To change this indentation, try choosing Style from the
Format menu, then modifying the paragraph properties of
the <ol>, <ul>, or <li> tags.

Don't try this, however, with lists that use picture
bullets. Because FrontPage uses HTML tables to display
picture bullet lists, assigning styles to the <ol>, <ul>,
or <li> tags will have no effect.

Jim Buyens

Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Author of:
*------------------------------------------------------*
|\----------------------------------------------------/|
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition ||
||    Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out     ||
||      Troubleshooting Microsoft FrontPage 2002      ||
||        Faster Smarter Beginning Programming        ||
||                                                    ||
||              All from Microsoft Press              ||
|/----------------------------------------------------\|
*------------------------------------------------------*

 
 
 

Collapsible List

Post by Jack Brewste » Sun, 18 May 2003 03:51:14


Jim,

I've noticed that your replies don't have "Re:" in the subject.  You post so
much here (thanks!) that I was hoping I could respectfully request that you
enable that feature in your newsreader, if it's available.

I'm using OE and I have read messages hidden.  Each post from you looks like
the beginning of a new thread.  I tend to read new posts first since older
threads usually have responses.

I understand that every person works differently, and if turning that on
doesn't work for you, that's fine.  I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

--
Jack Brewster - Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

 
 
 

Collapsible List

Post by Jim Buye » Sun, 18 May 2003 06:22:06



> Jim,

> I've noticed that your replies don't have "Re:" in the subject.  You post so
> much here (thanks!) that I was hoping I could respectfully request that you
> enable that feature in your newsreader, if it's available.

> I'm using OE and I have read messages hidden.  Each post from you looks like
> the beginning of a new thread.  I tend to read new posts first since older
> threads usually have responses.

> I understand that every person works differently, and if turning that on
> doesn't work for you, that's fine.  I just thought I'd ask.

Actually, I don't use a stand-alone newsreader program. I've used
Google Groups for a long time because in seconds it can search
hundreds of newsgroups for my name. This serves as a sort of
"grapevine" for what people are saying about the books. Waiting for
all those groups to download into OE, and then searching them myself,
would take a long time.

More recently, I've also been using Microsoft's Web-based newreader at
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups. This seems to be the gadget
that's omitting the re: prefix. I wasn't aware this was breaking
threads because the posts show up properly threaded on Google Groups.

Adding the re: prefix isn't a configurable option, but I hereby
resolve to add it manually when I enter my name and e-mail address.

Jim Buyens

Microsoft FrontPage MVP

 
 
 

Collapsible List

Post by Jack Brewste » Sun, 18 May 2003 06:50:58


Jim,

I didn't mean to imply the threads were being broken, they're not.  In
Outlook Express, with "Hide Read Messages" enabled, the unread post in a
thread may _appear_ as if it were the first.  That's why the re: is handy.
It's easy to tell that the post is actually part of a thread, even though I
can't see the rest of the thread.

Please, don't bother changing the way you do things on account of my
request.  If it were simply a matter of enabling a feature in your software,
that's no big deal.  But I'm certain it will become a pain having to recall
to modify the subject lines all the time because of one noisy group member.
;)  Heck, I'm probably the only person who noticed anyway.

Thanks for making the offer, though.

--
Jack Brewster - Microsoft MVP - FrontPage



> > Jim,

> > I've noticed that your replies don't have "Re:" in the subject.  You
post so
> > much here (thanks!) that I was hoping I could respectfully request that
you
> > enable that feature in your newsreader, if it's available.

> > I'm using OE and I have read messages hidden.  Each post from you looks
like
> > the beginning of a new thread.  I tend to read new posts first since
older
> > threads usually have responses.

> > I understand that every person works differently, and if turning that on
> > doesn't work for you, that's fine.  I just thought I'd ask.

> Actually, I don't use a stand-alone newsreader program. I've used
> Google Groups for a long time because in seconds it can search
> hundreds of newsgroups for my name. This serves as a sort of
> "grapevine" for what people are saying about the books. Waiting for
> all those groups to download into OE, and then searching them myself,
> would take a long time.

> More recently, I've also been using Microsoft's Web-based newreader at
> http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups. This seems to be the gadget
> that's omitting the re: prefix. I wasn't aware this was breaking
> threads because the posts show up properly threaded on Google Groups.

> Adding the re: prefix isn't a configurable option, but I hereby
> resolve to add it manually when I enter my name and e-mail address.

> Jim Buyens

> Microsoft FrontPage MVP

 
 
 

1. How to create collapsible lists/menus from bulleted list?

I am tearing my hair out because FP doesn't do what I want to to do (there's
a first).

I have created a nested bulleted list of hyperlinks which I want to convert
to a a collapsible menu/list. I right-click the level and enable the option
in the "List Properties" menu, but when I preview it in IE4, it still shows
the nested bulleted list!

What am I doing wrong here?

Any help gladly appreciated....

Thanks

paul
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-

Tel UK: 01225 315115                                    Berkeley House
Fax UK: 01225 312923                                    Lower Bristol Road
Tel Int +44 1225 315115                                 Bath BA2 3BH
Fax Int +44 1225 312923                                 United Kingdom
------ The uk.media.tv.sf.x-files Home Page
         http://www.netvision.co.uk/x-files ------------

2. MIDPAK doesn't play on certain machines

3. Problem with collapsible lists in Frontpage

4. Need help with a parallel classification

5. Collapsible lists ??

6. Linux fw connection to FW1 4.1

7. Collapsible Lists

8. New low price for the GadgetMaster Motor Control: $99

9. Changing cursor for collapsible list

10. Collapsible Lists help please

11. Collapsible lists again, still having problems.

12. Collapsible lists does anyone know?????

13. Collapsible lists in FrontPage2002