Basic Help

Post by Bernard Bicker » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 21:30:35

I am a school teacher in England and we have recently
purchased FrontPage to build the school web site.  This is
site is to be developed by the pupils and I need some easy
to read/understand books.  Does anybody know which books
would be suitable for pupils aged 13-14.

If you could e-mail me at the above address that would be
great.  I thank you in advance.

Basic Help

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 21:54:56

I would recommend Microsoft? FrontPage? Version 2002 Step by Step
http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/5055.asp

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> I am a school teacher in England and we have recently
> purchased FrontPage to build the school web site.  This is
> site is to be developed by the pupils and I need some easy
> to read/understand books.  Does anybody know which books
> would be suitable for pupils aged 13-14.

> If you could e-mail me at the above address that would be
> great.  I thank you in advance.

Basic Help

Post by WebsUnlimite » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 23:35:49

Hi Bernard,

Because it is a class I would assume that time is of some importance.
Therefore I would recommend one of the Visual Learning books by PeachTree.
Excellent quick read and reference.

--
Mike FrontPage MVP '97-'02
================================

Quote:> I am a school teacher in England and we have recently
> purchased FrontPage to build the school web site.  This is
> site is to be developed by the pupils and I need some easy
> to read/understand books.  Does anybody know which books
> would be suitable for pupils aged 13-14.

> If you could e-mail me at the above address that would be
> great.  I thank you in advance.

Basic Help

Post by Gena Brodi » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:39:10

Hello,
I am not a computer wiz and couldn't believe how
wonderful "Frontpage for Dummies" was. I was able to
develope my site with ease. Iam an art teacher myself.
Goodluck.
Gena
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am a school teacher in England and we have recently
>purchased FrontPage to build the school web site.  This
is
>site is to be developed by the pupils and I need some
easy
>to read/understand books.  Does anybody know which books
>would be suitable for pupils aged 13-14.

>If you could e-mail me at the above address that would
be
>great.  I thank you in advance.
>.

1. Basics help

I have two computers, I copied my web, used pc anywhere to send them via
modem and downloaded it onto a zip file on the computer at home.

I am having trouble getting started I can't create a new web so that I
can import the downloaded files into.  I am using ftp to publish my web
pages.  It seemed pretty easy on the other computer, but I can't seem to
get it working on this one.

Does it make any difference trying to run Front page from a zip disc and
trying to make a new web
folder on a zip disc?  I am pretty sure this isn't the problem because I
couldn't even make a new web
on my desktop on my home computer.

I know this  is basic stuff but I can't get started.  Pls help :o)

2. Huffman

3. New User need Basic help using Save Results Bot

4. COMPUTER & HEALTH

5. some basic help for a confused mind

6. Incoming mail has delayed delivery

7. Basic help please

8. don't want to permit the permissions of shared folder

9. FP98 Neophyte needs basic help

10. Basic help for someone with enough knowledge to be dangerous

11. a basic, basic, basic frames problem i'm having

12. Please help. Basic beginner's problem

13. Please help with Basic Question