Nav buttons - newbie problem - please help!

Nav buttons - newbie problem - please help!

Post by James Pra » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 23:07:00

Trying to put together my first web page and realy struggling with FP.
Any help on the following probs appreciated:

1. I have modified a theme to use my own buttons, and they more or
less work, but.... having used the 'insert navigation buttons'
function, the spacing between them is too great, and I can't format
the colour of the text on them (can't find an option), and the size of
the button label doesn't seem to change even if I change the font.

2. Creating a frames page seems a good idea, but the contents 'page'
on the left which has the nav buttons in it doesn't work and prompts
me to include the 'contents' page in the navigation structure. When I
do this I have all the nav buttons I was after, plus one labelled
contents (or whatever I called it). If I then go to the navigation
structure and untick the "include in Navigation bars", then I lose all
the buttons again.

FP seems to thwart me at every turn - help!!!

Thanks

James Pratt

Nav buttons - newbie problem - please help!

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 23:32:14

1) Format Theme Modify Text and Colors to change text appearance
(always save your theme as a new theme name when you modify it)
2) Nav bars were not intended for use w/ frames (can't set individual targets)
--

For Valentine's Day - don't forget to hug your F1 Key  (-;

| Trying to put together my first web page and realy struggling with FP.
| Any help on the following probs appreciated:
|
| 1. I have modified a theme to use my own buttons, and they more or
| less work, but.... having used the 'insert navigation buttons'
| function, the spacing between them is too great, and I can't format
| the colour of the text on them (can't find an option), and the size of
| the button label doesn't seem to change even if I change the font.
|
| 2. Creating a frames page seems a good idea, but the contents 'page'
| on the left which has the nav buttons in it doesn't work and prompts
| me to include the 'contents' page in the navigation structure. When I
| do this I have all the nav buttons I was after, plus one labelled
| contents (or whatever I called it). If I then go to the navigation
| structure and untick the "include in Navigation bars", then I lose all
| the buttons again.
|
| FP seems to thwart me at every turn - help!!!
|
| Thanks
|
| James Pratt

1. Newbie help please - cannot display buttons

Hi can anyone hlep me please ?
I've been creating a web but have suddenly had problems getting my
navigation buttons to display when the web is publish to a CD. The buttons
appeared in an earlier version of my web but recent versions have failed to
display.
If I publish to a file the buttons work however when the file is copied to a
cd the buttons no longer display - just greyed out boxes.
When I examine the page under frontpage using edit the buttons appear but
refuse to display even in preview window.
Have I just missed something really obvious ?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated

2. SMS and AD

3. Newbie: Position of vertical nav buttons

4. Curses library

5. HELP non-newbie with FORM problem please!

6. Microsoft Installer: HowTo???

7. Newbie Form Problem - Help Please!

8. Ricoh IS-510 Drivers

9. Please please Help - Newbie

10. Text Nav Buttons Get Smaller Under Nav 4

11. Site Check - and Hover Button Problems with IE4 - Please Help!!

12. Hover Button Problem - Please Help

13. Problem with hover buttons in frontpage 98, please help !