Different .css or different colors for shared borders than for page?

Different .css or different colors for shared borders than for page?

Post by Pat Richa » Sun, 22 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Here is my question:

I have a good size site, 80+ pages. Most of the pages use a common
shared top and left border. The two shared borders use a black
background, and have a teal colored hyperlink set. The main pages are
white, and, obviously, teal doesn't show up very well on white.

Is there a way for me to define one set of colors/fonts for the shared
borders, and another for the page itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Different .css or different colors for shared borders than for page?

Post by David Berr » Sun, 22 Nov 1998 04:00:00

You can use different stylesheets on each page if you want.

====================================
David Berry
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/

The HTML Writers Guild Member
International Webmaster Association Member
Site Builder Network Level 2 Member
MSDN Member
Netscape DevEdge Member
====================================

>Here is my question:

>I have a good size site, 80+ pages. Most of the pages use a common
>shared top and left border. The two shared borders use a black
>background, and have a teal colored hyperlink set. The main pages are
>white, and, obviously, teal doesn't show up very well on white.

>Is there a way for me to define one set of colors/fonts for the shared
>borders, and another for the page itself?

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Different .css or different colors for shared borders than for page?

Post by Pat Richa » Sun, 22 Nov 1998 04:00:00

The problem I am having is that I need a different style sheet for the
shared border than for the rest of the page. The style information
assigned to the shared borders apparently is getting overwritten by
the style information for the page it is attached to.