Combobox

Post by Peek & Pok » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 06:54:53

Is there a way to add items to a combobox from an external
txt file, containing two columns, where the second column
is a hyperlinkaddress which gives the user the possibility
to open the file selected ?? Something like adding the
selected value to a button to click for opening the item?
The problem is that I would like to select within a long
list of available items to connect to a specific PDF file
to open. I only would like to update the txt file, adding
the new items to be available in my combobox, not
currently changing my Html.

Best Regards Peter

Combobox

Post by MD Webs Unlimite » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 10:46:44

Hi Peek & Poke,

To accomplish you could utilize any of the server side scripting languages
such as ASP.

However, I would strongly recommend that you move away from a text file and
go with an Access or SQL database. In that manner you can update the
database at any time you wish without impacting your visitors.

Most of what you wish to accomplish can be done using the DRW in FP.

--
Mike -- Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://WebsUnlimited.com Summer Fling Thing

Quote:> Is there a way to add items to a combobox from an external
> txt file, containing two columns, where the second column
> is a hyperlinkaddress which gives the user the possibility
> to open the file selected ?? Something like adding the
> selected value to a button to click for opening the item?
> The problem is that I would like to select within a long
> list of available items to connect to a specific PDF file
> to open. I only would like to update the txt file, adding
> the new items to be available in my combobox, not
> currently changing my Html.

> Best Regards Peter

Combobox

Post by Peek & Pok » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 08:07:04

Hi Mike
Thanks for yor response, I solved the problem by using
Access to create the html page. I pickup the available pdf
files with an old fashion batch job to add them to my
database, then via a VBA module I create an Html file,
sorted on name in a table and give the possibility to open
it in explorer. Thanks anyway, if you are interested, give
me a mail.

Peter

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Peek & Poke,

>To accomplish you could utilize any of the server side
scripting languages
>such as ASP.

>However, I would strongly recommend that you move away

from a text file and
>go with an Access or SQL database. In that manner you can
update the
>database at any time you wish without impacting your
visitors.

>Most of what you wish to accomplish can be done using the
DRW in FP.

>--
>Mike -- Microsoft FrontPage MVP
>http://WebsUnlimited.com Summer Fling Thing
>Get a FREE copy of LTMod's PageTools v2.5 ($24.95)
>W/ a purchase of J-Bots Plus 2002 or Suite 3 v4 (15% off)

>> Is there a way to add items to a combobox from an
external
>> txt file, containing two columns, where the second
column
>> is a hyperlinkaddress which gives the user the
possibility
>> to open the file selected ?? Something like adding the
>> selected value to a button to click for opening the
item?
>> The problem is that I would like to select within a long
>> list of available items to connect to a specific PDF
file
>> to open. I only would like to update the txt file,
adding
>> the new items to be available in my combobox, not
>> currently changing my Html.

>> Best Regards Peter

>.

1. COMBOBOXes - Which SDK function gets info from a combobox child window

Hi,

I am using CreateWindow("combobox",NULL,WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE,..) to create a
child combobox window. I am filling the list items of this combobox with calls
to SendMessage(hwndChild,CB_ADDSTRING,0,(LONG)(LPSTR)"blue"). This looks fine
so far, but I can't find what function to use to get this info back from the
combobox when it sends a WM_COMMAND to the parent. The DlgDirItem... functions
look good if working with filepaths but this is not what I'd like to do.

What is the magic function which I am not finding?
Thanks in advance,
Sharon

2. Import xsd files in Biztalk Editor

3. contents of a combobox determined by selected item in another combobox

4. fact or fiction - Win98/98SE question

5. Inherited bound ComboBox behaves differently than std ComboBox

6. Need Laser Printer advice

7. how to bind child combobox to parent combobox

8. Security Vulnerability in asecure (rev.03)

9. ComboBox selection problem with scrolling - yet another ComboBox bug???

10. ComboBox : Can one makes multiple columns in a ComboBox ?

11. Copying from combobox to combobox

12. Data in one ComboBox related to the selected item in another ComboBox

13. VS2005 ComboBox and ToolStrip ComboBox