Site check Please

Post by Ron Donnel » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I visited your site with Netscape 4.5, 800x600, maximized, Java &
JavaScript disabled.

I enjoyed your site, and in my opinion you have met the needs of the
school very well.

On your playground page, you promised background music, but it did not
play here.  I see that you have used <BGSOUND>.  In order for Netscape
users to hear the music, you will need to use <EMBED> instead.  As I
understand it, <EMBED> works on all browsers on which <BGSOUND> works.

I believe Netscape users will also need a (common) plug-in in order to
play a MIDI file -- so you may want to tread lightly here -- I wouldn't
want you to follow my advice and then get a lot of confused visitors who
are alarmed because a Netscape window pops up when they try to access
your Playground page.

Just my two cents' (pence?) worth!

Ron Donnell
Cave Creek, AZ

> Hi Blokes and Blokesses
> Could someone have a look at my second site please, I haven't used themes
> and FP extensions and whathaveyou before! Cheers
> the URL is  http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

> PS Would the woman who wrote to me privately last week please write again, I
> have lost your email addy. Thanks
> Paulette

> --
> The Powder Room
> Dolls Houses . Miniatures
> http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~pcullarn

> Allenvale School and Pre-School for the disabled
> http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

Site check Please

Post by Barwinsk » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

It looks good. I used IE 4.01 at 800x600 and later at 1024x768 and tables
and display was fine. I did get sound in the playground and liked the
overall feel of the web page.  My personal preference is not to have web
pages that are so long as your 1st page...but is just me.

Sincerely,

______________________

>Hi Blokes and Blokesses
>Could someone have a look at my second site please, I haven't used themes
>and FP extensions and whathaveyou before! Cheers
>the URL is  http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

>PS Would the woman who wrote to me privately last week please write again,
>have lost your email addy. Thanks
>Paulette

>--
>The Powder Room
>Dolls Houses . Miniatures
>http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~pcullarn

>Allenvale School and Pre-School for the disabled
>http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

Site check Please

Post by Cheryl Fulle » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I, too, enjoyed your web page.  But, the first page is a little long.

> Hi Blokes and Blokesses
> Could someone have a look at my second site please, I haven't used themes
> and FP extensions and whathaveyou before! Cheers
> the URL is  http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

> PS Would the woman who wrote to me privately last week please write again, I
> have lost your email addy. Thanks
> Paulette

> --
> The Powder Room
> Dolls Houses . Miniatures
> http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~pcullarn

> Allenvale School and Pre-School for the disabled
> http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

--
Cheryl Fuller
Computer Services

Site check Please

Post by The Wise Woma » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi Blokes and Blokesses
Could someone have a look at my second site please, I haven't used themes
and FP extensions and whathaveyou before! Cheers
the URL is  http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

PS Would the woman who wrote to me privately last week please write again, I
have lost your email addy. Thanks
Paulette

--
The Powder Room
Dolls Houses . Miniatures
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~pcullarn

Allenvale School and Pre-School for the disabled
http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

Site check Please

Post by The Wise Woma » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

This is a good point because I was worried about the length of one of the
pages. Do you mean the Allenvale School (index) page or the Welcome (second)
page please?
Thanks  for your help
Paulette

--
The Powder Room
Dolls Houses . Miniatures
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~pcullarn

Allenvale School and Pre-School for the disabled
http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

>It looks good. I used IE 4.01 at 800x600 and later at 1024x768 and tables
>and display was fine. I did get sound in the playground and liked the
>overall feel of the web page.  My personal preference is not to have web
>pages that are so long as your 1st page...but is just me.

>Sincerely,

>______________________

>>Hi Blokes and Blokesses
>>Could someone have a look at my second site please, I haven't used themes
>>and FP extensions and whathaveyou before! Cheers
>>the URL is  http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

>>PS Would the woman who wrote to me privately last week please write again,
>>have lost your email addy. Thanks
>>Paulette

>>--
>>The Powder Room
>>Dolls Houses . Miniatures
>>http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~pcullarn

>>Allenvale School and Pre-School for the disabled
>>http://mbr-school.neotown.com/AllenvaleSchool

Site check Please

Post by The Wise Woma » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

The sound thing is a pain isn't it? I did wonder about putting it in, it's
just a quick midi for the children, but I don't think many parents will want
to get into downloading crescendo etc just to play it.
Actually it was more a warning than a promise, for people doing a *
from work to turn their speakers down! LOL. I think I'll give that one a bit
more thought.
Thanks
Paulette

--
The Powder Room
Dolls Houses . Miniatures

Allenvale School and Pre-School for the disabled
http://www.veryComputer.com/

>I visited your site with Netscape 4.5, 800x600, maximized, Java &
>JavaScript disabled.

>I enjoyed your site, and in my opinion you have met the needs of the
>school very well.

>On your playground page, you promised background music, but it did not
>play here.  I see that you have used <BGSOUND>.  In order for Netscape
>users to hear the music, you will need to use <EMBED> instead.  As I
>understand it, <EMBED> works on all browsers on which <BGSOUND> works.

>I believe Netscape users will also need a (common) plug-in in order to
>play a MIDI file -- so you may want to tread lightly here -- I wouldn't
>want you to follow my advice and then get a lot of confused visitors who
>are alarmed because a Netscape window pops up when they try to access
>your Playground page.

>Just my two cents' (pence?) worth!

>Ron Donnell
>Cave Creek, AZ

>> Hi Blokes and Blokesses
>> Could someone have a look at my second site please, I haven't used themes
>> and FP extensions and whathaveyou before! Cheers
>> the URL is  http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> PS Would the woman who wrote to me privately last week please write
again, I
>> have lost your email addy. Thanks
>> Paulette

>> --
>> The Powder Room
>> Dolls Houses . Miniatures
>> http://www.veryComputer.com/~pcullarn

>> Allenvale School and Pre-School for the disabled
>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

Site check Please

Post by Orion203 » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi:

I meant the very 1st page or Home page to which the address you gave took
me. I guess it is the intro page (Index).
Sincerely,