I've had problems with updating DATE fields via ASP to a SQL server while
using the smalldatetime format. I've asked, and not received, an answer to
this problem other than the Knowledge Base telling me to change the
smalldatetime field to a character field. I didn't want to. Then 1 day it
miraculously starting working. Then after doing a modification to my page it
broke again. Then I remembered...
Change the date field in the ASP to Number and save your changes. Now go
back to it and select No Constraints and save again. Waa-Laa. It works! I
know this is NOT a genuine fix, but for some reason SQL no longer complains.
To our MVP's out there, if you have connections to the inside perhaps this
would be information they could use to resolve this issue or maybe it's just
a fluke on my client/server setup. If you try this let the NG know if it
works for you.