NT4 personal web server and FP97 personal web server

NT4 personal web server and FP97 personal web server

Post by Mike Pierso » Sat, 30 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I want to use the web server that comes with NT4 so others can acess the
web while I'm not logged into my workstation.  Then while editing, I want
to use the web server that comes with FP97.

Is there a way where you can use both?  They both use port 80, so I went to
the CNF file for fp97 and changed it to a different port.  This didn't work
because the FP97 web server couldn't find port 81 (or whatever number).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

NT4 personal web server and FP97 personal web server

Post by Mark Fitzpatric » Sat, 30 Aug 1997 04:00:00

 Mike,
            Sorry but you can only do one or the other.  The FP 97 web
server is extremely limited so some things you design for Peer Web Services
won't run.  You could run two commercial web servers on the machine and bind
them to different ports, but the FP web server can't do it.  Using two
different web servers wouldn't actually get you anything.

            Hope this helps,
            Mark Fitzpatrick

Quote:>I want to use the web server that comes with NT4 so others can acess the
>web while I'm not logged into my workstation.  Then while editing, I want
>to use the web server that comes with FP97.

>Is there a way where you can use both?  They both use port 80, so I went to
>the CNF file for fp97 and changed it to a different port.  This didn't work
>because the FP97 web server couldn't find port 81 (or whatever number).

>Any ideas?

>Thanks,
>Mike

1. Upgrading from a FrontPage personal web server to NT Option Pack Personal Web server.

Tonight I upgraded my Windows NT 4.0 WS system, by applying the Windows NT
Option Pack, which I believe replaced the Personal web server that comes
with FrontPage 98.  Coincidentally, I also changed my machine's name (I did
have embedded spaces, which I've removed).

I suspect, but won't check it now, that this action now makes whatever
database FrontPage 98 uses, somewhat inaccurate.  How do I make the
necessary changes, so that all of the web sites I've developed in FrontPage
98 will not be lost?

Rod

2. Printing from Web Explorer problem

3. FrontPage Personal Web Server vs. MS Personal Web Server

4. Hardware support for atomic operations ?

5. Personal Web Server vs FrontPage-Personal Web Server

6. Screen Capture AVI

7. FrontPage Personal Server vs MS Personal Web Server

8. NT4 Workstation Personal Web Server Problems

9. HELP? Personal Web Server on NT4.0

10. Problem: Personal Web Server 4.0 on standalone NT4 WS

11. What is the difference Between frontpage personal webserver/Microsoft personal web server

12. Is Internet Database Connectivity (IDC) only work with IIS, Peer web server and Personal Web Server ?