What is the difference Between frontpage personal webserver/Microsoft personal web server

What is the difference Between frontpage personal webserver/Microsoft personal web server

Post by Antoin » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I just wanted to know what is the difference between Microsoft personal web
server and Microsofts personal web server.
I tried them both and I got really confused with Microsoft's personal web
server

What is the difference Between frontpage personal webserver/Microsoft personal web server

Post by Santa Clau » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q194/5/43.asp

Alan Kerr
              (403) 246-7817                       Calgary,
Canada

EmailSanta proudly supports children's help lines worldwide

I just wanted to know what is the difference between Microsoft
personal web
server and Microsofts personal web server.
I tried them both and I got really confused with Microsoft's
personal web
server

What is the difference Between frontpage personal webserver/Microsoft personal web server

Post by MC » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

You can't run Active Server Pages with FrontPage PWS.

Cheers,
Guy

>I just wanted to know what is the difference between Microsoft personal web
>server and Microsofts personal web server.
>I tried them both and I got really confused with Microsoft's personal web
>server

What is the difference Between frontpage personal webserver/Microsoft personal web server

Post by Kevin Spence » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I assume your message had a type, and your title was correct.

FP PWS is incapable of running CGI, ASP, and has a limit on the number of
webs you can create locally (about 17, if I'm correct). MS PWS is capable of
running CGI, ASP, and has no limitation on the number of webs you can
create.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Site Design by TAKempis
http://www.takempis.com
Internet Database Development with Microsoft Technologies
ASP Discussion Web Available!