Persistent data in forms

Post by John Simpso » Fri, 09 May 2003 10:28:35

I use a form to collect morning reports for my company.
These are required each day to ensure accountability of
the Marines.  As you can imagine, this doesn't change
very often and results in the submission of the same
numbers each day.  Is there a way to ask front page to
remember the previous input?  Using the specify value
feature is the least desireable method as the changes,
when they do occur, are usually permanent and I am not
the only one submitting the form.  Thanks...

Persistent data in forms

Post by MD WebsUnlimite » Sat, 10 May 2003 22:28:49

Hi John,

A couple of options:

1. Provided the volume of the data is under 3048 characters you could use cookies to persist the information. See J-Bots Cookie Components http://www.websunlimited.com/order/Product/Cookie/Cookie_help_dir.htm

2. Use a database that updates a single record with the last submission. The easiest method to accomplish this is to merge a DIW / DRW.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
===============================

  I use a form to collect morning reports for my company.
  These are required each day to ensure accountability of
  the Marines.  As you can imagine, this doesn't change
  very often and results in the submission of the same
  numbers each day.  Is there a way to ask front page to
  remember the previous input?  Using the specify value
  feature is the least desireable method as the changes,
  when they do occur, are usually permanent and I am not
  the only one submitting the form.  Thanks...

1. Forms passing form data and url data to another form

I currently have the following situation

I have a form that passing info from a drop down box, the page also
contains some other values that I want to pass in the form of idc.xxx. I
revise the url in the form properties settings to point to
"page.idc?lname=<%idc.lname%>". The drop down value for this example will
be "Company". Also there will be an sql call for "custno" based on
"company". The returning page.htx file first displays only the dropdown box
value of "Company" but I can see that the url contains a value for "lname"
in the browser's address box. If I refresh the page I then get the values
for "lname" and "custno" but lose the value for "company".

Any ideas?

trouble reaching this newsgroup remotely and I will be remote for the next
several days.

Thank you
Lee Whitney

2. Printer Problems!!!!!!

3. Persistent form problem - please help??

4. S/36 Environment Conversion to Native

5. Persistent form problems - can anyone help???

6. Simulink Fixed Point blockset accumulator

7. Overwriting all previous data in submit form data to file...

8. Another vim wish: a clist window

9. Retreiving the forms data and counter data from my ISP website...How?

10. Persistent IDC value needed

11. Persistent Command bar button?

12. Persistent error in viewing contents of database?

13. Persistent Sound Question!