Discussion web and ASP

Post by Don Fis » Tue, 08 May 2001 07:36:12

Is it possible to save discussion webs as ASP files? If I change the
filetypes, it will not post. Thank you.

Discussion web and ASP

Post by Thomas A. Row » Tue, 08 May 2001 07:44:58

No.

--

=====================================
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Quote:> Is it possible to save discussion webs as ASP files? If I change the
> filetypes, it will not post. Thank you.

Discussion web and ASP

Post by VS » Tue, 08 May 2001 15:28:02

ASP file is a script which executes on the server. It has nothing to do with
discussion webs.

Intermedia.NET (VS)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications

More Tips at:  http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb/
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> Is it possible to save discussion webs as ASP files? If I change the
> filetypes, it will not post. Thank you.

Discussion web and ASP

Post by Tom Peppe » Tue, 08 May 2001 20:13:20

It can if you use an ASP discussion web like the one available from
www.takempis.com

--
**********
Tom "Pepper" Willett

> ASP file is a script which executes on the server. It has nothing to do
with
> discussion webs.

> Intermedia.NET (VS)
> Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
> Providing expertise in hosting applications

> More Tips at:  http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb/
> Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/
> For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

> > Is it possible to save discussion webs as ASP files? If I change the
> > filetypes, it will not post. Thank you.

1. Discussion web vs ASP

Ok, so Microsoft's Front Page security functions don't
work on Microsoft servers. Of course. I'll get over it.
I'm trying the work around suggested in the Microsoft
Press book "Front Page Inside Out" They suggest securing
asp pages by putting a line at the top that checks for a
successful login variable. However, when renaming the post
page created by the Front Page wizard, it no longer posts
if renamed with an asp extension. Ditto the search page.
So this pretty much makes the security non-functional, or
one has to create their own discussion engine. Any
solutions? Please don't suggest securing the page that
refers people there. That still leaves the page available
directly or by bookmark.

Also, is there any way to show the user name with posts
done this way since Front Page only does this if the
security functions that don't work on Windows OS are used.

2. TI 99/4A (2) + goodies, almost FREE

3. Can I Change *.htm to *.asp in Discussion Web Wizard?

4. Prometheus 14.4e

5. "discussion" web, ASP?

6. Memory Allocation (Why does my Swapper.dat START at over 8 Meg?)

7. Discussion Webs & ASP & cookie

8. HP 970 shows incorrect status when printing

9. ASPs and the Discussion Web

10. ASP based discussion web

11. Discussion webs: Deleting subject lines from discussion board home page

12. Pre-formatting Discussion Group Postings Generated by the Discussion Web Bot

13. FrontPage and ASP - Web server doesn't support ASP pages