How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Gregg A. Ka » Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I always wonder what programs are being used to take a single graphic
and then break it up into small ones that are all put back together so
it appears as one graphic after the screen has loaded.

Post by Cowb » Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I always wonder what programs are being used to take a single graphic
>and then break it up into small ones that are all put back together so
>it appears as one graphic after the screen has loaded.

You need to set up the graphic in a program like photoshop where you
can set guides to cut it apart. To put it back together, use a table
in frontpage.

GB

aka Cowboy
MCSE

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Marco Beije » Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hello Gregg,

What I do is the following, take MS Image composer and load the whole image. Then do a cutout (ALT+3) on the image to select a part. Save that part, and do that for all the parts. Then in frontpage editor, create a table and put in the table properties the border size, cell padding and cell spacing all to 0. Place the pictures in a cell.

Regards,
Marco Beijen
http://www.beijen.com/mbeijen

>I always wonder what programs are being used to take a single graphic
>and then break it up into small ones that are all put back together so
>it appears as one graphic after the screen has loaded.

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Stev » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hello Gregg,

>I always wonder what programs are being used to take a single graphic
>and then break it up into small ones that are all put back together so
>it appears as one graphic after the screen has loaded.

A great product for downloading-

"PictureDicer is a Freeware tool that chops any image file into several
smaller images, suitable for creating mouseover effects and
pseudo-imagemaps on Web pages. It also generates the HTML for a table to
contain the partial images and display them so they appear as the original
uncut image."

Get it here:

http://www.ziplink.net/~shoestring/dicer01.htm

Hope this helps!

Steve

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by David L. More » Sun, 09 Aug 1998 04:00:00

i know how...but my question is why?

>I always wonder what programs are being used to take a single graphic
>and then break it up into small ones that are all put back together so
>it appears as one graphic after the screen has loaded.

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Thomas A. Row » Sun, 09 Aug 1998 04:00:00

In FP, it is the only way to provide for mouseover events and/or ALT text tags for each image
section.

--
====================================
Thomas Rowe

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
The HTML Writers Guild Member
International Webmaster Association Member
Site Builder Network Level 2 Member
MSDN Universal Subscriber

>i know how...but my question is why?

>>I always wonder what programs are being used to take a single graphic
>>and then break it up into small ones that are all put back together so
>>it appears as one graphic after the screen has loaded.

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Tom Peppe » Mon, 10 Aug 1998 04:00:00

It also helps download time, since the image loads a piece at a time,
instead of trying to do it all at once.

--

Tom Pepper - Director of Marketing, Sharp Communication
My Playground: http://www.sharpcom.com/tomp
Corporate: http://www.sharpcom.com

>In FP, it is the only way to provide for mouseover events and/or ALT text
tags for each image
>section.

>--
>====================================
>Thomas Rowe
>Your Community On-Line Network
>http://www.ycoln.net

>Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>The HTML Writers Guild Member
>International Webmaster Association Member
>Site Builder Network Level 2 Member
>MSDN Universal Subscriber

>>i know how...but my question is why?

>>>I always wonder what programs are being used to take a single graphic
>>>and then break it up into small ones that are all put back together so
>>>it appears as one graphic after the screen has loaded.

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by David L. More » Mon, 10 Aug 1998 04:00:00

two excellent reasons...thanks guys!!!

>It also helps download time, since the image loads a piece at a time,
>instead of trying to do it all at once.

>--

>Tom Pepper - Director of Marketing, Sharp Communication
>The HTML Writers Guild Member
>International Webmaster Association Member
>My Playground: http://www.sharpcom.com/tomp
>Corporate: http://www.sharpcom.com

>>In FP, it is the only way to provide for mouseover events and/or ALT text
>tags for each image
>>section.

>>--
>>====================================
>>Thomas Rowe
>>Your Community On-Line Network
>>http://www.ycoln.net

>>Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>>The HTML Writers Guild Member
>>International Webmaster Association Member
>>Site Builder Network Level 2 Member
>>MSDN Universal Subscriber

>>>i know how...but my question is why?

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Robyn Carpente » Sun, 16 Aug 1998 04:00:00

OK, so finally now we know why they break the image up into pieces, but how do
they actually break it up? What programs are they using to do this, cause I've
tried doing this in Corel Photo-Paint and it didn't look so seamless.

> two excellent reasons...thanks guys!!!

> >It also helps download time, since the image loads a piece at a time,
> >instead of trying to do it all at once.

> >--

> >Tom Pepper - Director of Marketing, Sharp Communication
> >The HTML Writers Guild Member
> >International Webmaster Association Member
> >My Playground: http://www.sharpcom.com/tomp
> >Corporate: http://www.sharpcom.com

> >>In FP, it is the only way to provide for mouseover events and/or ALT text
> >tags for each image
> >>section.

> >>--
> >>====================================
> >>Thomas Rowe
> >>Your Community On-Line Network
> >>http://www.ycoln.net

> >>Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> >>The HTML Writers Guild Member
> >>International Webmaster Association Member
> >>Site Builder Network Level 2 Member
> >>MSDN Universal Subscriber

--
--==Graphically Speaking==--
Graphic Design...Web Authoring...Printing Service...CD Rom Writing...Scanning

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Pookum » Sun, 16 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Have you tried using the grid or guidelines, then turning on the "snap to
grid / guidelines"?  This way you could cut and paste as new document for
each piece of your image.

- Francis

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Pierre Robilla » Sun, 16 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I used Paint Shop Pro, it actually very easy.
a trial version of Paint Shop Pro can be found at
http:\\www.jasc.com

Pierre R.

Quote:>OK, so finally now we know why they break the image up into pieces, but how do
>they actually break it up? What programs are they using to do this, cause I've
>tried doing this in Corel Photo-Paint and it didn't look so seamless.

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Pookum » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

If he has Corel PhotPaint then he should try to stick to what he has... I
think.
Does the version you have has the ability to what I mentioned in my previous
post?  I've used this method with no problem at all for a seamless joining
of images.  I have PhotoPaint ver 8.

- Me again... Francis

Don't anyone spam my ass!

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Joe » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

How do you do it in psp ??

Joe

>I used Paint Shop Pro, it actually very easy.
>a trial version of Paint Shop Pro can be found at
>http:\\www.jasc.com

>Pierre R.

>>OK, so finally now we know why they break the image up into pieces, but
how do
>>they actually break it up? What programs are they using to do this, cause
I've
>>tried doing this in Corel Photo-Paint and it didn't look so seamless.

How Do They Do That? - Break up a graphic into small ones but put them together?

Post by Joe » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Robyn,
     The best way to do this is to take your favorite graphics program and
use the cut ability to break the picture up into small parts.  Then build a
table on the page, without any borders or spacing, and place the parts of
the picture into the table.

Hope this helps
Joe Hail

>OK, so finally now we know why they break the image up into pieces, but how
do
>they actually break it up? What programs are they using to do this, cause
I've
>tried doing this in Corel Photo-Paint and it didn't look so seamless.

>> two excellent reasons...thanks guys!!!

>> >It also helps download time, since the image loads a piece at a time,
>> >instead of trying to do it all at once.

>> >--

>> >Tom Pepper - Director of Marketing, Sharp Communication
>> >The HTML Writers Guild Member
>> >International Webmaster Association Member
>> >My Playground: http://www.sharpcom.com/tomp
>> >Corporate: http://www.sharpcom.com

>> >tags for each image

>--
>--==Graphically Speaking==--
>Graphic Design...Web Authoring...Printing Service...CD Rom
Writing...Scanning
>http://users.nac.net/robyn/index.html
>http://www.hotlogs.com  <--- New Web Site

1. DOING HOVER BUTTONS AROUND A GRAPHIC

I have a company logo graphic and I'm having problems keeping several
hover buttons around the logo that allow people to jump to another
site.  I was able to get all of the hover buttons to move in place
around graphic by using move back and forward on graphic, but the one
on top is unruly.  I do not seem to be able to tie it down and it
moves around.

Any help?

George

2. How do I build a YO-380>PC cable?

3. frontpage form not doing anything -my first form

4. Check these addressess

5. One large background picture. Can it be done?

6. Are there restrictions on traveling overseas with laptops?

7. Doing two things with one click ... possible?

8. \spacefactor in theorem.doc

9. almost done, just need help one more time

10. Newbie doing first form, needs help

11. one page linked to many - Can it be done?

12. Breaking up Large Images into several small ones

13. Putting a graphic on top of a graphic