slideshow as opening

Post by Jenn » Thu, 08 May 2003 22:46:20

I need help, I am new to all of this. I am using FrontPage
2002 to manage my website. I want to have the website set
up so that when you first enter, a PowerPoint presentation
is what greets you, however I want the presentation to be
able to play like a video and then go directly into my
homepage, is there a way to do this, that is not so
technical that I will lose my mind?  Thanks in advance for
any help.

Jenn

slideshow as opening

Post by chris leed » Thu, 08 May 2003 22:52:46

I've seen a utility program (you'll have to google for it) that will convert
a power point presentation to a flash file.  you'd then import the .swf
(flash) into your FrontPage web.  I'd then recommend using the flasher from
www.jimcoaddins.com to put it on a page.
the benefits of converting the pp to flash are:
much smaller file and faster loading, the visitor isn't required to have
power point on their system to use it, and it's more universal than the
power point.
IMHO
HTH

Quote:> I need help, I am new to all of this. I am using FrontPage
> 2002 to manage my website. I want to have the website set
> up so that when you first enter, a PowerPoint presentation
> is what greets you, however I want the presentation to be
> able to play like a video and then go directly into my
> homepage, is there a way to do this, that is not so
> technical that I will lose my mind?  Thanks in advance for
> any help.

> Jenn

slideshow as opening

Post by Thomas A. Row » Thu, 08 May 2003 22:57:36

Not possible. The user would have to have PowerPoint or the PPT Viewer
installed, and then click on a link to start the download of the
presentation before that can view it.

You will need to look into use Flash. There are application available that
will convert your PPT presentation to a Flash file format.

Do a search for PowerPoint to Flash.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,