pictures as background gifs

Post by Gary » Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:02:54

Can a picture be used as a background gif in a table cell
that will "expand" to fill the complete cell regardless of
size of monitor or pixel setting size that someone might
use without the browser repeating the picture? Is there
something special that a person needs to do to make a
normal gif or picture (whether gif or jpeg format) into a
background picture? Thanks to anyone who can help.

pictures as background gifs

Post by Thomas A. Row » Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:20:10

No. Also NS 4 browsers don't support Table background images, only cell
background images. Images set as background for pages, tables or cells, do not
expand, they only repeat to fill the space, so you must make them as large as
you want them to be in your image application, then import into FP.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Quote:> Can a picture be used as a background gif in a table cell
> that will "expand" to fill the complete cell regardless of
> size of monitor or pixel setting size that someone might
> use without the browser repeating the picture? Is there
> something special that a person needs to do to make a
> normal gif or picture (whether gif or jpeg format) into a
> background picture? Thanks to anyone who can help.

pictures as background gifs

Post by chris leed » Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:49:25

Why use a picture when you can use a combination of cell pictures and cell
color.  I've got one that expands nicely
http://www.northeastdigitalphoto.com/learn/biz/outlook.htm
Just click the edit with fp icon on your browser toolbar and keep hitting
cancel when it asks for your password.  it'll then open a copy of it in your
fp window where you can deconstruct it to see how it works.