Alternate Fonts

Post by Whit Peterso » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:36:17

Hi -

I want to specify a few alternate, back-up fonts for some text I've
included in a shared border. The font properties box won't let me do that,
and I can't access the html code since it's in a shared border. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Whit

Alternate Fonts

Post by David Berr » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:49:32

In the fonts box, put a comma after the first font then type in the other.
Ex: Verdana,Arial

--
====================================
David Berry - MCP

Quote:> Hi -

> I want to specify a few alternate, back-up fonts for some text I've
> included in a shared border. The font properties box won't let me do that,
> and I can't access the html code since it's in a shared border. Any
> suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Whit

Alternate Fonts

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:52:42

1) Select the font box and type the string of fonts:
Arial,Helvetica,San-Serif
2) Tools Web Settings Advanced Show Hidden Folders
 - go to the _borders folder to find/open your shared borders pages
--

Post all News Group Responses only to News Group so all users can benefit
When in doubt try the F1 key (-:    (or if it's broken try the below link)

| Hi -
|
| I want to specify a few alternate, back-up fonts for some text I've
| included in a shared border. The font properties box won't let me do that,
| and I can't access the html code since it's in a shared border. Any
| suggestions?
|
| Thanks,
| Whit

Alternate Fonts

Post by Whit Peterso » Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:17:10

Thanks, Stefin -

When I tried option 1), the font box appeared to have a short fixed length,
limiting me to only two font names. I haven't yet tried the second option.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks very much, Whit

> 1) Select the font box and type the string of fonts:
> Arial,Helvetica,San-Serif
> 2) Tools Web Settings Advanced Show Hidden Folders
>  - go to the _borders folder to find/open your shared borders pages
> --

> Post all News Group Responses only to News Group so all users can benefit
> When in doubt try the F1 key (-:    (or if it's broken try the below
link)
>   http://support.microsoft.com/support/default.asp?PR=fp2000

> | Hi -
> |
> | I want to specify a few alternate, back-up fonts for some text I've
> | included in a shared border. The font properties box won't let me do
that,
> | and I can't access the html code since it's in a shared border. Any
> | suggestions?
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Whit

Alternate Fonts

Post by Whit Peterso » Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:15:41

Thanks, David - I had tried that, but noticed that the fonts box appears to
be a fixed length and would not let me include more than 2 and a piece of
font names. I wasn't sure that it was really accepting my entry. Thanks
again, Whit

> In the fonts box, put a comma after the first font then type in the
other.
> Ex: Verdana,Arial

> --
> ====================================
> David Berry - MCP
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> NetSites Design Services http://www.net-sites.com/
> FrontPage Support: http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/
> ====================================

> > Hi -

> > I want to specify a few alternate, back-up fonts for some text I've
> > included in a shared border. The font properties box won't let me do
that,
> > and I can't access the html code since it's in a shared border. Any
> > suggestions?

> > Thanks,
> > Whit

1. themes and fonts (esp. alternate fonts)

Hi!

I'm using FP2K and have created a custom theme based on the
Capsules theme. I want to use Futura XBold for headings, but have
an alternate font (Arial bold) if the user doesn't have Futura. Can
it be done? If so, how?

Anne
Webmaster for http://www.tpta.org
Personal website http://www.anne-easterling.com

2. Computers in Broadcasting

3. Adding Alternate Fonts in Editor

4. Intelligent Creative People Use Macs

5. Providing Alternate Font Options Using FP, How?

6. occam bug?

7. How Specify Alternate Fonts in FP?

8. How to use XSL in this case?

9. Specifying alternate fonts?

10. Specifying alternate fonts -- where?

11. specify alternate fonts

12. Alternate Text Font Face Tags

13. alternate banners