FrontPage Personal Server vs MS Personal Web Server

FrontPage Personal Server vs MS Personal Web Server

Post by Jon Hughe » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Somehow in the process of adding some files off the FP98 cd I brought in
FrontPage Personal Web Server. Things got so screwed up I had to delete and
start over. Problem is I need the MS Personal Web Server. I run Windows 98.
Is the only place I can get this out of the NT 4.0 Service Pack 3? That is a
27MB download just to get one small piece. I would be willing to just reload
using the FP server but I continue to read that it doesn't work as well.
thanks

Jon

FrontPage Personal Server vs MS Personal Web Server

Post by Derek Turne » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

its on your Win98 CD under addons

>Somehow in the process of adding some files off the FP98 cd I brought in
>FrontPage Personal Web Server. Things got so screwed up I had to delete and
>start over. Problem is I need the MS Personal Web Server. I run Windows 98.
>Is the only place I can get this out of the NT 4.0 Service Pack 3? That is
>27MB download just to get one small piece. I would be willing to just
reload
>using the FP server but I continue to read that it doesn't work as well.
>thanks

>Jon

1. FrontPage Personal Web Server vs. MS Personal Web Server

A book called Using MS FrontPage 97 (QUE) makes reference to a
"FrontPage Personal Web Server" and a "MS Personal Web Server".  I
think  the MS one is on my machine at c:\Program Files\Websvr.  Is
that right & is FP one at c:\Webshare?

Can I get rid of one of these?  Which one should I keep?  AND can I
move them--I didn't want them on my C: drive?

2. ISA Winmodem

3. Personal Web Server vs FrontPage-Personal Web Server

4. Research Project

5. Upgrading from a FrontPage personal web server to NT Option Pack Personal Web server.

6. SUMMARY: PPP negociation sometimes fails (Linux vs Livingston)

7. NT4 personal web server and FP97 personal web server

8. fp personal web server or ms web server?

9. What is the difference Between frontpage personal webserver/Microsoft personal web server

10. MS Personal Web Server on a Netware 4.11 server?

11. netscape server vs. personal web server

12. personal web server vs. no server