View counter without incrementing it

Post by Jon » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 02:29:39

Is it possible to VIEW a hit counter without incrementing
it?  I've set up a voting poll and when a user selects an
option it goes to that page "Page A" and shows the hit
counter there that reflects the number of votes.  (There
are also "Page B", "Page C", etc.)  I'd like to be able
to have one page that shows all results that just shows
the values of the counters without incrementing them.
Possible?

View counter without incrementing it

Post by Tom Pepper Willet » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 02:42:14

No.
--
-----
Tom Pepper Willett

: Is it possible to VIEW a hit counter without incrementing
: it?  I've set up a voting poll and when a user selects an
: option it goes to that page "Page A" and shows the hit
: counter there that reflects the number of votes.  (There
: are also "Page B", "Page C", etc.)  I'd like to be able
: to have one page that shows all results that just shows
: the values of the counters without incrementing them.
: Possible?

View counter without incrementing it

Post by Stephen Travi » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 04:12:56

The count is stored in a text file in the _private folder called filename.cnt

If your server supports SSI, you can use an include to combine all the .cnt files onto one page.

--

Stephen Travis,
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> Is it possible to VIEW a hit counter without incrementing
> it?  I've set up a voting poll and when a user selects an
> option it goes to that page "Page A" and shows the hit
> counter there that reflects the number of votes.  (There
> are also "Page B", "Page C", etc.)  I'd like to be able
> to have one page that shows all results that just shows
> the values of the counters without incrementing them.
> Possible?

1. Displaying fp counters without incrementing them

OK tried everything, I want to diplay fp counters on a page without
incrementing them, the closest i can get is to use:

_private/pagename.htm.cnt  which will display a nasty text version

if I use: _vti_bin/fpcount.exe/?Page=maininfo.htm|Image=4|Digits=5

It works but of course increments the counter...

Is there a way to turn increment off with fpcount.exe? I have tried various
combinations of "increment=no or inc=0, or incrment=0" etc

If anyone has figured this out please post a response and cc it via email to
me.

Thanks!

2. Testing training in Brisbane, Australia

3. Hit Counter will not increment

4. Hot Wire?

5. Hit Counter Increments Too Often

6. BSY signal loss problem

7. Counter incrementing for Home link

8. Star LC24-10 Driver wanted

9. hit counter won't increment

10. Hit Counter Does Not Increment after IIS Lockdown

11. Hit counter doesn't increment

12. counter won't increment