Publishing Problem with FP2000

Post by Dave Sherma » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

When I try to publish a web or a page thru FP2000 everything works fine
until I get to the window where it asks me for my user ID and password. I

user ID, but when I put those in and I have verified these the window with
the user name and the password keeps pooping up and nothing gets published
from FP2000
--
Dave

--
http://home.att.net/~dshermjr

Publishing Problem with FP2000

Post by Rod » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

That is your email userid, not necessarily your user id for your web site.
Contact your ISP.

Rod

> When I try to publish a web or a page thru FP2000 everything works fine
> until I get to the window where it asks me for my user ID and password. I

email
> user ID, but when I put those in and I have verified these the window with
> the user name and the password keeps pooping up and nothing gets published
> from FP2000
> --
> Dave

> --
> http://home.att.net/~dshermjr

1. Publishing Problem with FP2000

Greetings,

I've run into an interesting problem while publishing various versions of a
website I'm building and have exhausted all the resources I know of to find
a solution.  I'm running FP2000 and Win98SE, both fresh installs on a new
box with no prior versions.

Scenario and Problem:  I'm building a site that uses custom hoverbuttons for
navigation.  Within FP and previewing in IE5 and NS4.x, the buttons display
and work properly.  But once published to the Earthlink servers (which have
the FP2K Server Extensions installed), the hoverbuttons become erratic.
Instead of displaying properly, there are only functionless grey boxes in
their place.  An interesting note is that when flipping through the pages,
the static button graphic representing the respective page displays only, as
well as the "Home" hoverbutton.  But the other hoverbuttons do not display.

After examining the HTML, it turns out that for some reason, FP is pointing
the browser back to my computer as the source of the buttons...although it's
already on the Earthlink servers.  What's also strange is that somehow the
code for the source of everything else is correct and updates correctly once
published to the servers.  Below is a snippet of code displaying the button
problem:

</applet><applet code="fphover.class" codebase="./" width="91" height="15">
          <param name="color" value="#000080">
          <param name="hovercolor" value="#0000FF">
          <param name="textcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
          <param name="effect" value="glow">
          <param name="image" valuetype="ref"
value="http://dell1/swd2/images/servoff1.jpg">
          <param name="hoverimage" valuetype="ref"
value="http://dell1/swd2/images/servon1.jpg">
          <param name="url" valuetype="ref" value="service1.htm">

As you can see by the last few lines, the code is pointing back to my
machine as the source for the buttons, instead of simply pointing to the
directory within the web as the source.

As another note, if I create standard FP hoverbuttons (you know, the lame
ones), there is no problem with them.

As far as I know, my PWS is set up correctly, being
http://dell1/xxxxxxx(dell1 being my computer's name, and a stand alone
machine) and it is a server based web.

Any solution to this would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

James E. Snelling

P.S.  By the way, Tom...LTNS

2. size of files increases, increases...

3. Publishing Problems w/FP2000

4. Another Security Issue

5. Publishing-problem on FP2000/NT 4

6. Browser on DEC Alpha with Linux

7. Publishing problems wirh FP2000

8. csh and bash scripting

9. ftp publishing problem in fp2000

10. Publishing problems w/FP2000

11. Subwebs: publishing problems with FP2000

12. help publishing problems with fp2000 and pws

13. FP2000 - Problem publishing - Publishing all pages does not work