frontpage not starting

Post by carolin » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:51:54

Hi,

Im having same problem as Heidi - error message that
MFC42.dll is problem. I don't understand how to go into
command mode and look for this file.  Worried about
effects of changing name to MFC42.old.

Also, when I try to open FP from the FP folder error
maessage says no FP30WEL.dll file.

The strange thing is FP has been working, no problem, for
years for me. ANd now this.

Can anyone help?

frontpage not starting

Post by Stefan B Rusynk » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 18:51:44

Have you tried the usual repairs
1) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all FP Temp Files
2) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web files
3)  In Windows Explorer Find and delete the file CMDUI.PRF
4) Disable or Uninstall any FP Addins
5) Run a Repair / Reinstall on FP & IE

Then try  the registry patch at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q245057

--

"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

| Hi,
|
| Im having same problem as Heidi - error message that
| MFC42.dll is problem. I don't understand how to go into
| command mode and look for this file.  Worried about
| effects of changing name to MFC42.old.
|
| Also, when I try to open FP from the FP folder error
| maessage says no FP30WEL.dll file.
|
| The strange thing is FP has been working, no problem, for
| years for me. ANd now this.
|
| Can anyone help?

1. Access via Start / Run, not from within Frontpage

I have two PC's running Win 2000 Professional. One has Frontpage installed,
the other doesn't. The one without Frontpage, I can open a site as a "web
folder" via IE, or create a short cut from "My network places". The other PC
(with frontpage ... that is FP 98 upgraded to FP 2000), I get an error "The
folder you entered does not appear to ne valid". No login id / password
prompt appears, just this message. I'm actually not clear this issue is
related to FrontPage, it's just one of the few differences between these two
PC's.

Also, I can access the website using Start / Run frontpg.exe
www.xxx.yyy.org, just not from within Frontpage, something that does make me
think there is some configuration issue to which I'm unaware.

Your help would be appreciated.

Dave Miller

2. DJGPP stack when calling a function? Please help.

3. Frontpage 2000 does not start

4. How to change fonts

5. FrontPage 98 will not start!

6. disk speeds and ratehd

7. Frontpage/ WinXP: After new install will not start

8. Aug 23

9. FrontPage 2000 does not start!!

10. Frontpage 2000 will not start

11. Starting Frontpage - TCP/IP not installed.

12. Help: file not loading on server start-up and ASP not working

13. Can't start FP2000, event viewer says "unable to start server service"