Disappearing text in cusomised theme buttons

Disappearing text in cusomised theme buttons

Post by tim jorda » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

In FP2K,
For some reason the overlay text on navigation bar buttons refuses to
display after I've customised the theme with new background buttons.
It shows up ok in preview mode but not in preview-in-browser mode.
Tried IE5 and NS 4.61 same problem in both.
Rollover effects work ok, just no overlaid text on the button.
Applying a standard theme works ok, it just won't do it on a customised one.
I've customised themes before and had no problem but I can't figure this one
out.

Any ideas anyone?

cheers
tim

Disappearing text in cusomised theme buttons

Post by Lon Cole » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Make sure you are not using any .jpg files - themes just don't like them

Also make sure you clear out your caches to see if this helps at all

Lon

Quote:> In FP2K,
> For some reason the overlay text on navigation bar buttons refuses to
> display after I've customised the theme with new background buttons.
> It shows up ok in preview mode but not in preview-in-browser mode.
> Tried IE5 and NS 4.61 same problem in both.
> Rollover effects work ok, just no overlaid text on the button.
> Applying a standard theme works ok, it just won't do it on a customised
one.
> I've customised themes before and had no problem but I can't figure this
one
> out.

> Any ideas anyone?

> cheers
> tim

Disappearing text in cusomised theme buttons

Post by Rudy Rams » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:17:55 +0100, "Lon Coley"

>Make sure you are not using any .jpg files - themes just don't like them

Really? Our graphic designers have created an entire theme based on
our product logo, and we've been using these JPEG files without any
problems that I know of. If .jpg files don't work, what's the symptom?

Rudy

Post by tim jorda » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:17:55 +0100, "Lon Coley"

> >Make sure you are not using any .jpg files - themes just don't like them

> Really? Our graphic designers have created an entire theme based on
> our product logo, and we've been using these JPEG files without any
> problems that I know of. If .jpg files don't work, what's the symptom?

> Rudy

(Lon's message hasn't reached here yet so I'm replying to Rudy)

Definitely not uisng jpgs, using gifs, besides the gifs show up fine.
It's just that there's no flipping text overlaid on them!
(starting to pull hair out)

tim

1. Theme Designer - Disappearing Button Text

I'm created a custom theme using Theme Designer which includes my own images
for the vertical and horizontal navigation (active) buttons.  My problem is
that the text on the buttons appears fine (black color) both in Theme
Designer and in FrontPage Editor 'normal' view, but turns white when I
preview pages in either FrontPage or in a browser.  Any idea as to what I'm
doing wrong?

2. Calling Norman

3. FP98: Themes/Disappearing navigation bar text

4. IP assignment for VPN Client using RADIUS

5. themes with disappearing buttons

6. Article: allocators...exceptions...new/delete [reply to: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:24:06 -0400, Richard Smith].

7. HELP!! Theme buttons have disappeared

8. Problems with the newest update to updater mcafee?

9. Banners, Nav Buttons and Themes have disappeared.....

10. text disappears on banners & buttons when I publish

11. Button text disappearing...

12. Disappearing SUBMIT button and DROP DOWN buttons on ASP pages

13. Positing Text on Theme Buttons