Trouble getting styles to stick

Post by Fred Powledg » Thu, 07 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I'm doing a Web page with my own styles for headline 1, headline 2, body
type, etc. None of them uses the MS FP default. (I'm not using FP's somewhat
garish themes, either.) I'm defining the styles as described in the manual
and Help screens. But when I add a new page to the same site, the styles are
not available.

Is the answer to this to abandon FP and learn HTML coding? Surely there must
be a way to set styles so they'll be available for subsequent pages.

Thanks.

--Fred Powledge

Trouble getting styles to stick

Post by Jens Peter Karlsen [FP-MVP » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

If you use an External Style Sheet and tell FP to link to it on all pages,
you will have those styles available on all subsequent pages. However an
internal Style Sheet only applies to the current page. So change to use an
external one. you have the added benefit that you only need to maintain it
in one place and changes will be reflected on all pages.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Quote:> I'm doing a Web page with my own styles for headline 1, headline 2, body
> type, etc. None of them uses the MS FP default. (I'm not using FP's
somewhat
> garish themes, either.) I'm defining the styles as described in the manual
> and Help screens. But when I add a new page to the same site, the styles
are
> not available.

> Is the answer to this to abandon FP and learn HTML coding? Surely there
must
> be a way to set styles so they'll be available for subsequent pages.

> Thanks.

> --Fred Powledge

1. Hover buttons look horrible....getting stuck

I added hover buttons and at 1280 x 1024 resolution they
appear to be getting stuck.  As you scroll up and down
the button sometimes don't move with the rest of the page
and seem to get stuck on the top banner.  Check it out:
www.jarmelkizel.com/test1.htm

TIA
Jason

2. Discussion messages - how to set the background color

3. stuck getting started

4. Assorted Books

5. "Publish Web" gets stuck

6. snapping misses corners even with snap mode off

7. Uploading Changes Gets Stuck

8. A # of PB programmers available

9. Navigation bar style stuck?

10. External style sheet styles don't appear in Style dialog?

11. Getting deeper in trouble...

12. Trouble getting started

13. Trouble with getting started