Oooh, problems publishing frontpage web

Post by Christiane Carberr » Thu, 08 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi!

I am trying to publish my frontpage web and getting the following
message:

NTLM authentication failed  code -2146893042

What do I do?

Oooh, problems publishing frontpage web

Post by Peter Perchansk » Fri, 09 May 1997 04:00:00

Greetings Christiane:

"I am trying to publish my frontpage web and getting the following message:
 NTLM authentication failed  code -2146893042"

See http://www.pmpcs.com/support/fp/ntlmerror.htm

Peter Perchansky,  Microsoft FrontPage MVP & I.C.C.
PMP Computer Solutions

http://www.pmpcs.com/support/frontpage.htm

1. Problem Publishing Web Site with Frontpage 2002

I have just moved my files from Windows98 to XP and, using Frontpage 2002,
tried to
publish a new Web that I had been working on. After File>Publish Web...,
Frontpage asked me where to put the web and I told it:
http://www.racesail.org, the location of my web site.

There was an immediate error message box popped up as follows:

Server error: Cannot open file C:\vwebs\racesail.org\_vti_pvt\service.lck

Now whenever I try File>Publish Web..., the same message box appears.

The difference between the W98 Frontpage is that it was storing its stuff in
C:\My Documents\My Webs\...  Under XP, the path is now more complicated,
being:

C:\Documents and Settings\Edward\My Documents\My Webs\... but really under
the
"My Documents" short cut.

Does anyone know why Frontpage has suddenly found it necessary to write into
the folder and file:

C:\vwebs\racesail.org\_vti_pvt\service.lck?

The "racesail.org" is my name, none of the other parts of the path make any
sense.

I took the new Web folder back to the W98 machine and saw exactly the same
error message. Now when I try and publish a different file that was working
perfectly well two months ago, again I get the error message the Frontpage
can't write onto the identical C:\...\service.lck file.

I searched this newsgroup and found some previous references to the
_vti_pvt\service.lck but the fix was to make sure that the lock file was not
in a readonly directory. I've get lock files in the web folders under "My
Webs". I don't know where the C:\vwebs\... folder came from.

Ed
--
Edward E.L. Mitchell
Pharsight Corp.

2. ANN: Ambulance Trip Log for JFile

3. Problem with frontpage not wanting to publish to my web anymore

4. Netscape API ?

5. Problem publishing web page using Frontpage 98

6. read only status of many files

7. Problems publishing FrontPage web

8. Programming Windows under OS/2 (Which System?)

9. MS Proxy Server Publishing & FrontPage Web Publishing

10. Problems publishing to web/problems updating on serverside

11. Cannot publish frontpage 2000 web from frontpage

12. Diskbased web publishing problems on intranet server w/o web server extenstions

13. Does publishing a new web over a different web cause a problem?