No Graphics on Site

Post by QuasiTo » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

Still trying to find an answer as to why my web page uploads fine, but the
graphics uploaded do not appear.  They, too, have been uploaded, a box on
the page indicates the file name that can be seen when online to the site,
but the picture itself is not present.  What do I need to check?

Anyone?  Anyone?

G. Boyd

No Graphics on Site

Post by Kris Rudi » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

How are you "uploading" your page?  FTP?  FrontPage Publish?  If FTP, do
you physically transfer each image file, and if so, have you set the
transfer type to binary (not ASCII)?  Just because the unloaded picture box
has the file name it doesn't mean the file is physically at the server -
the file name is part of the HTML code of the page itself.

Hope this is helpful.
--
Kris Rudin, MCP
Site Builder Network Level 2

> Still trying to find an answer as to why my web page uploads fine, but
the
> graphics uploaded do not appear.  They, too, have been uploaded, a box on
> the page indicates the file name that can be seen when online to the
site,
> but the picture itself is not present.  What do I need to check?

> Anyone?  Anyone?

> G. Boyd

No Graphics on Site

Post by Scott & LaRhonda Eslic » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

Try checking the path to see if it looking for the files in the correct
place.

Scott

:Still trying to find an answer as to why my web page uploads fine, but the
:graphics uploaded do not appear.  They, too, have been uploaded, a box on
:the page indicates the file name that can be seen when online to the site,
:but the picture itself is not present.  What do I need to check?
:
:Anyone?  Anyone?
:
:G. Boyd

:
:

No Graphics on Site

Post by Kace » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

If you're using mindspring, check your file extensions.  I noticed that I
can use .htm but not .html  Took me a week to figure that out.  Also, check
filenames (length, case, etc.)  make sure your images are in the same
directory as your page.

No Graphics on Site

Post by American Red Cro » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

>How are you "uploading" your page?  FTP?  FrontPage Publish?  If FTP, do
>you physically transfer each image file, and if so, have you set the
>transfer type to binary (not ASCII)?  Just because the unloaded picture box
>has the file name it doesn't mean the file is physically at the server -
>the file name is part of the HTML code of the page itself.
>Hope this is helpful.
>--
>Kris Rudin, MCP
>Site Builder Network Level 2
>Aurora Development Group

>> Still trying to find an answer as to why my web page uploads fine, but
>the
>> graphics uploaded do not appear.  They, too, have been uploaded, a box on
>> the page indicates the file name that can be seen when online to the
>site,
>> but the picture itself is not present.  What do I need to check?

>> Anyone?  Anyone?

>> G. Boyd

I uploaded using WS-FTP and, yes, I did use the Binary transfer type.
Actually did this twice to confirm that I did this correctly.  Do I
need to upload JPG files separately from HTML files by any chance?

Thanks for your response.

Gary

No Graphics on Site

Post by American Red Cro » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

>If you're using mindspring, check your file extensions.  I noticed that I
>can use .htm but not .html  Took me a week to figure that out.  Also, check
>filenames (length, case, etc.)  make sure your images are in the same
>directory as your page.

Okay, I didn't know that about the file extensions.  I would think
they are okay since the text comes across on the page just fine.  I'll
double check the filenames.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gary

No Graphics on Site

Post by American Red Cro » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

>Try checking the path to see if it looking for the files in the correct
>place.
>Scott

>:Still trying to find an answer as to why my web page uploads fine, but the
>:graphics uploaded do not appear.  They, too, have been uploaded, a box on
>:the page indicates the file name that can be seen when online to the site,
>:but the picture itself is not present.  What do I need to check?
>:
>:Anyone?  Anyone?
>:
>:G. Boyd

>:
>:

Which path would I need to check?  When I upload using WS-FTP, it all
goes into one subdirectory labeled WWW.  Since the web page I produce
in FrontPage 98 contains the various subdirectories, do I need to
upload ALL the subdirectories for that particular page (even though
some of the extensions won't be supported)?

Really appreciate the response!

Gary