formatting numbers in database results field

formatting numbers in database results field

Post by Gary » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone help me with this?  I have a database results region created with
the "insert database results" wizard in frontpage2000.  The recordset is
based on a query that sums costs.  The field is formatted in the query to
display currency and when run inside Access2000 does so.  When opening the
page however, the numbers are displayed as real numbers without the currency
symbol and contain anywhere from 5 to 6 decimal places?  Is there anyway to
get these numbers formatted correctly when displayed in the html table via
the database results wizard or by any other means?

formatting numbers in database results field

Post by Stephen Travi » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Yes there is, but you will not be able to use FP to edit the asp file after you make this change;

1) in FP Explorer, right click... Open With... Notepad...
2) scroll to the bottom, looking for.... Response.Write CStr(fp_rs("yourcurrencyfieldname"))
3) change CStr to FormatCurrency
4) save

This is the same technique recommended by MS to display an Access hyperlink field as a HTML hyperlink;
( http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q187/8/23.ASP )

Quote:>Can anyone help me with this?  I have a database results region created with
>the "insert database results" wizard in frontpage2000.  The recordset is
>based on a query that sums costs.  The field is formatted in the query to
>display currency and when run inside Access2000 does so.  When opening the
>page however, the numbers are displayed as real numbers without the currency
>symbol and contain anywhere from 5 to 6 decimal places?  Is there anyway to
>get these numbers formatted correctly when displayed in the html table via
>the database results wizard or by any other means?

formatting numbers in database results field

Post by Damian Clark » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Try using the format$([FieldName],"Currency") in the query. It should return
a correctly formatted string.

> Can anyone help me with this?  I have a database results region created
with
> the "insert database results" wizard in frontpage2000.  The recordset is
> based on a query that sums costs.  The field is formatted in the query to
> display currency and when run inside Access2000 does so.  When opening the
> page however, the numbers are displayed as real numbers without the
currency
> symbol and contain anywhere from 5 to 6 decimal places?  Is there anyway
> get these numbers formatted correctly when displayed in the html table via
> the database results wizard or by any other means?

formatting numbers in database results field

Post by Paul » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

How about if you want a date to display in your Access format of m/d/yyyy
hh:nn AM/PM ????
Paul B

> Try using the format$([FieldName],"Currency") in the query. It should
return
> a correctly formatted string.

> > Can anyone help me with this?  I have a database results region created
> with
> > the "insert database results" wizard in frontpage2000.  The recordset is
> > based on a query that sums costs.  The field is formatted in the query
> > display currency and when run inside Access2000 does so.  When opening
the
> > page however, the numbers are displayed as real numbers without the
> currency
> > symbol and contain anywhere from 5 to 6 decimal places?  Is there anyway
> > get these numbers formatted correctly when displayed in the html table
via
> > the database results wizard or by any other means?

1. Formatting number database fields

I have FP2k, w/ Access2k, a field called "money" and one
called "phone".  I can display the fields, however this
not any formatting.  I realize that Access data does not
contain the formatting that it displays.  BUT, I need
it...  Any help?  I found an old post, but it doesn't
contain anything any longer....

Thanks, Michael

2. Ask for your help if any...

3. Database Results Wizard - Number Format

4. Faulty internet connection

5. Formatting fields on a Database Results form

6. Troubleshooting printer

7. Format a database results field

8. Code for Gazdar and Mellish?

9. Formatting Database Results Wizard Data Fields

10. Memo field formatting from database results

11. Database Results Field Formatting

12. Format Yes/No fields as checkboxes in Database results Region

13. Format number in DB results page?