change default root

Post by LAM Chi-fu » Tue, 20 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello, I am now using FP97 and MS PWS. Everytime I new a FP web, it will
locate at:
c:\WebShare\wwwroot\My Web
I would like to move the default root from c:\webshare\wwwroot to
e:\shared\projects (where E: is network drive and running NT server)
however, after I change the root to e:\shared\projects (inside PWS's
admin page) I can't new FP web!!!! FP 97 give various errors!!!! Can
anyone tell me how to do this ? Thanks a lot.

Regds
LAM Chi-fung

change default root

Post by Gary Tollefso » Tue, 20 May 1997 04:00:00

When you installed the FrontPage extensions on your server, a number of
directories and files (_vti_xxx) were created in the root of your server.
When you point at a new root, FrontPage doesn't find its extension files in
that new root.  You will need to install the extensions to that new root
using FrontPage server administrator (FPSRVWIN.EXE)
--
Gary Tollefson

Quote:> Hello, I am now using FP97 and MS PWS. Everytime I new a FP web, it will
> locate at:
> c:\WebShare\wwwroot\My Web
> I would like to move the default root from c:\webshare\wwwroot to
> e:\shared\projects (where E: is network drive and running NT server)
> however, after I change the root to e:\shared\projects (inside PWS's
> admin page) I can't new FP web!!!! FP 97 give various errors!!!! Can
> anyone tell me how to do this ? Thanks a lot.

> Regds
> LAM Chi-fung

1. changing default file extension... default.htm to default.asp

I'd like to rename default.htm to default.asp..
I'm editting the extension in the folder view...
Frontpage starts to go through the routine, gives
warnings, etc., confirms that I want to do this...
I respond positively to continue the process and
it tries to rename but results in the  error message:

"cannot rename c:\web.com\default_files to
c:\web.com\default_files.  Destination already exists."

I need to make the default page an active server page...
does anyone have a work around or answer to this problem?

2. searching for a crack for a disk folder

3. changing default home page and default extensions on PWS

4. New Assets and Liabilities.

5. Publishing changes default.asp to default.html

6. CFP: ITRON Supporters' Meeting in San Jose (1 Oct.)

7. Changing default.htm to default.asp

8. Changing your default web page from default.htm to index.htm

9. Publishing changes default.asp to default.htm

10. Renamed default.htm to default.asp, publishing changes it back

11. Forms Page copying itself as Default.htm in my root directory...

12. FP97 and default page to access on root URL