Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from another page

Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from another page

Post by Ren Colema » Sat, 19 May 2001 04:01:30

I have a question (probably an advanced one) about
Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from another
page
I created a web with dozens of pages using a pre-formatted page as a
template (I went that route so the CSS link would be maintained, as well as
the proper paths on two include "pages" that need to be at the bottom of
every page).

Nevertheless, when I posted from staging site (an internal IIS4.0 box) to
our hosting company, the Get background information from another page path
on the Page Properties, Background tab is still listing the path to the home
path (the page with the background information I want to copy) ON OUR
STAGING SITE (our internal IIS 4.0 box) - NOT the live production site on
the Internet that the public has access to.

The live site at the hosting company still has the proper Background colors,
but I'm concerned that sooner or later this will "break" and I'll lose the
background information. This "bad" link would also make it VERY difficult if
I decided I wanted to change the background information.

Aside from visiting EVERY page and browsing to the live path on the
production site, is there an across-the-board way to modify the path from
the staging to the production site?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from another page

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Sat, 19 May 2001 06:40:32

If the template is within your web, you should be able to make it a relative
link, instead of an absolute link.

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Spider Web Woman Designs

Quote:> I have a question (probably an advanced one) about
> Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from another
> page
> I created a web with dozens of pages using a pre-formatted page as a
> template (I went that route so the CSS link would be maintained, as well
as
> the proper paths on two include "pages" that need to be at the bottom of
> every page).

> Nevertheless, when I posted from staging site (an internal IIS4.0 box) to
> our hosting company, the Get background information from another page path
> on the Page Properties, Background tab is still listing the path to the
home
> path (the page with the background information I want to copy) ON OUR
> STAGING SITE (our internal IIS 4.0 box) - NOT the live production site on
> the Internet that the public has access to.

> The live site at the hosting company still has the proper Background
colors,
> but I'm concerned that sooner or later this will "break" and I'll lose the
> background information. This "bad" link would also make it VERY difficult
if
> I decided I wanted to change the background information.

> Aside from visiting EVERY page and browsing to the live path on the
> production site, is there an across-the-board way to modify the path from
> the staging to the production site?

> Many thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from another page

Post by Ren Colema » Sat, 19 May 2001 10:15:59

Actually, because of problems getting the include page path correct, I
wasn't using a template per se...Just opening a page, doing a Save as, and
proceeding...actually a suggestion of someone from this newsgroup.

At any rate, how do I "fix" it now? Or shouldn't I bother?

> If the template is within your web, you should be able to make it a
relative
> link, instead of an absolute link.

> --
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

> > I have a question (probably an advanced one) about
> > Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from
another
> > page
> > I created a web with dozens of pages using a pre-formatted page as a
> > template (I went that route so the CSS link would be maintained, as well
> as
> > the proper paths on two include "pages" that need to be at the bottom of
> > every page).

> > Nevertheless, when I posted from staging site (an internal IIS4.0 box)
> > our hosting company, the Get background information from another page
path
> > on the Page Properties, Background tab is still listing the path to the
> home
> > path (the page with the background information I want to copy) ON OUR
> > STAGING SITE (our internal IIS 4.0 box) - NOT the live production site
on
> > the Internet that the public has access to.

> > The live site at the hosting company still has the proper Background
> colors,
> > but I'm concerned that sooner or later this will "break" and I'll lose
the
> > background information. This "bad" link would also make it VERY
difficult
> if
> > I decided I wanted to change the background information.

> > Aside from visiting EVERY page and browsing to the live path on the
> > production site, is there an across-the-board way to modify the path
from
> > the staging to the production site?

> > Many thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from another page

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Sat, 19 May 2001 10:20:48

You could do a find and replace:
Find: http://yourstagingsite/
Replace it with:  [nothing]

Try one and see if that works.

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

> Actually, because of problems getting the include page path correct, I
> wasn't using a template per se...Just opening a page, doing a Save as, and
> proceeding...actually a suggestion of someone from this newsgroup.

> At any rate, how do I "fix" it now? Or shouldn't I bother?

> > If the template is within your web, you should be able to make it a
> relative
> > link, instead of an absolute link.

> > --
> > ~ Kathleen Anderson
> > Spider Web Woman Designs
> > http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

> > > I have a question (probably an advanced one) about
> > > Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from
> another
> > > page
> > > I created a web with dozens of pages using a pre-formatted page as a
> > > template (I went that route so the CSS link would be maintained, as
well
> > as
> > > the proper paths on two include "pages" that need to be at the bottom
of
> > > every page).

> > > Nevertheless, when I posted from staging site (an internal IIS4.0 box)
> > > our hosting company, the Get background information from another page
> path
> > > on the Page Properties, Background tab is still listing the path to
the
> > home
> > > path (the page with the background information I want to copy) ON OUR
> > > STAGING SITE (our internal IIS 4.0 box) - NOT the live production site
> on
> > > the Internet that the public has access to.

> > > The live site at the hosting company still has the proper Background
> > colors,
> > > but I'm concerned that sooner or later this will "break" and I'll lose
> the
> > > background information. This "bad" link would also make it VERY
> difficult
> > if
> > > I decided I wanted to change the background information.

> > > Aside from visiting EVERY page and browsing to the live path on the
> > > production site, is there an across-the-board way to modify the path
> from
> > > the staging to the production site?

> > > Many thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from another page

Post by Ren Colema » Tue, 22 May 2001 08:55:08

Kathleen - That seems to have worked.
I actually had to add some ../ and ../../ in front of the page name,
depending on whether the folder paths were 0 or 1 deep, vs. 2 deep.
Glad I don't have any subfolders more than 2 deep.

Thanks again for your great suggestions!

> You could do a find and replace:
> Find: http://yourstagingsite/
> Replace it with:  [nothing]

> Try one and see if that works.

> --
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

> > Actually, because of problems getting the include page path correct, I
> > wasn't using a template per se...Just opening a page, doing a Save as,
and
> > proceeding...actually a suggestion of someone from this newsgroup.

> > At any rate, how do I "fix" it now? Or shouldn't I bother?

> > > If the template is within your web, you should be able to make it a
> > relative
> > > link, instead of an absolute link.

> > > --
> > > ~ Kathleen Anderson
> > > Spider Web Woman Designs
> > > http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

> > another
> well
> > > as
> of

> > path
> the
> > > home
OUR
> > on

> > > colors,
> > the
> > difficult
> > > if

> > from

Page Properties, Background tab - Get background information from another page

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Tue, 22 May 2001 09:04:27

You're welcome - I'm glad it worked  :-)

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

> Kathleen - That seems to have worked.
> I actually had to add some ../ and ../../ in front of the page name,
> depending on whether the folder paths were 0 or 1 deep, vs. 2 deep.
> Glad I don't have any subfolders more than 2 deep.

> Thanks again for your great suggestions!

> > You could do a find and replace:
> > Find: http://yourstagingsite/
> > Replace it with:  [nothing]

> > Try one and see if that works.

> > --
> > ~ Kathleen Anderson
> > Spider Web Woman Designs
> > http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

> > > Actually, because of problems getting the include page path correct, I
> > > wasn't using a template per se...Just opening a page, doing a Save as,
> and
> > > proceeding...actually a suggestion of someone from this newsgroup.

> > > At any rate, how do I "fix" it now? Or shouldn't I bother?

> > > relative

> > > another
> > well
> bottom
> > of

> box)
> page
> > > path
> > the
> OUR
> site
> > > on

Background
> lose
> > > the
> > > difficult

> > > from

1. Background Tab is missing from Page Properties

I'm following Q253574 "Transparent GIF Does Not Appear
Transparent as a Custom Picture For a Hover button", but
when I right click on the page and click page properties,
the specified Backgroung Tab is missing. I've searched the
KnowledgeBase without success. Is this a FrontPage
configuration problem?  How do I get the Background Tab to
appear in page properties?  I'm trying to set the page
background color to the background color of the hover
button per Q253574.

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa in advance to anyone with an
answer.

2. Psyclapse and Bandersnatch: Is this a FAQ?

3. Page Properties - Background Tab

4. Ultimail Light/2 question

5. background tab not in the page properties dialog box

6. nec cdr 84 works fine EXCEPT UNDER DOS!!

7. FPdoesn't recognize "Get background and colours from page" page property anymore???

8. Changing the recipient based on the FROM

9. Absolute page name when getting the background and colors from home page

10. Can't access page margin tab in FP2000 page properties

11. Page Margins Tab & Background Image

12. Page background colors won't match banner background

13. "Background" not available in Page Properties