Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by ms » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

anyone know about this. and is it available????

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by Mark Fitzpatric » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

In order to get the beta you needed to apply for the beta testing. As told
in this weeks eWeek magazine, there are roughly 100,000 testers in the
newest beta of Office 10. If you applied for the beta Microsoft will
definitely notify you if you were accepted. The beta is not taking
applications for this release anymore, but you can keep an eye out at the
Office web site over the next few months in case they do another application
for additional betas.

        Hope this helps,
        Mark Fitzpatrick
        Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> anyone know about this. and is it available????

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by Raz » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

any new features to look forward to?

> In order to get the beta you needed to apply for the beta testing. As told
> in this weeks eWeek magazine, there are roughly 100,000 testers in the
> newest beta of Office 10. If you applied for the beta Microsoft will
> definitely notify you if you were accepted. The beta is not taking
> applications for this release anymore, but you can keep an eye out at the
> Office web site over the next few months in case they do another
application
> for additional betas.

>         Hope this helps,
>         Mark Fitzpatrick
>         Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> > anyone know about this. and is it available????

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by Shane Fowlke » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hopefully, they will eliminate some stuff too.

--

Shane Fowlkes
Accelerated Computer Technologies

> any new features to look forward to?

> > In order to get the beta you needed to apply for the beta testing. As
told
> > in this weeks eWeek magazine, there are roughly 100,000 testers in the
> > newest beta of Office 10. If you applied for the beta Microsoft will
> > definitely notify you if you were accepted. The beta is not taking
> > applications for this release anymore, but you can keep an eye out at
the
> > Office web site over the next few months in case they do another
> application
> > for additional betas.

> >         Hope this helps,
> >         Mark Fitzpatrick
> >         Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> > > anyone know about this. and is it available????

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by Tom Peppe » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

None of the issues of new stuff or old stuff is gonna be discussed in the
forums, because of the Non-Disclosure Agreements. ;-)
--
------------
Tom Pepper

> Hopefully, they will eliminate some stuff too.

> --

> Shane Fowlkes
> Accelerated Computer Technologies
> www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.acceleratedcomputers.com/tips.htm

> > any new features to look forward to?

> > > In order to get the beta you needed to apply for the beta testing. As
> told
> > > in this weeks eWeek magazine, there are roughly 100,000 testers in the
> > > newest beta of Office 10. If you applied for the beta Microsoft will
> > > definitely notify you if you were accepted. The beta is not taking
> > > applications for this release anymore, but you can keep an eye out at
> the
> > > Office web site over the next few months in case they do another
> > application
> > > for additional betas.

> > >         Hope this helps,
> > >         Mark Fitzpatrick
> > >         Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by Shane Fowlke » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

"Old stuff"?  Would that be you Tom?
=)

--

Shane Fowlkes
Accelerated Computer Technologies
www.acceleratedcomputers.com
See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.acceleratedcomputers.com/tips.htm

> None of the issues of new stuff or old stuff is gonna be discussed in the
> forums, because of the Non-Disclosure Agreements. ;-)
> --
> ------------
> Tom Pepper
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> [Grumpy Old Geezer]
> ------------

> > Hopefully, they will eliminate some stuff too.

> > --

> > Shane Fowlkes
> > Accelerated Computer Technologies
> > www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> > See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.acceleratedcomputers.com/tips.htm

> > > any new features to look forward to?

As
> > told
> > the
> > > application

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by Stephen Travi » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

From the description in Joseph O'Keefe's post, it looks like the marketing folks got the upper hand again. New features sell
product, I guess.

*

--

Shane Fowlkes
Accelerated Computer Technologies
www.acceleratedcomputers.com
See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

Quote:> From the description in Joseph O'Keefe's post, it looks like the marketing

folks got the upper hand again. New features sell
> product, I guess.

> > Hopefully, they will eliminate some stuff too.

> > --

> > Shane Fowlkes
> > Accelerated Computer Technologies
> > www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> > See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > > any new features to look forward to?

As
> > told
> > the
> > > application

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by Tom Peppe » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

ROFL, Shane my budski!
--
------------
Tom Pepper

> "Old stuff"?  Would that be you Tom?
> =)

> --

> Shane Fowlkes
> Accelerated Computer Technologies
> www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.acceleratedcomputers.com/tips.htm

> > None of the issues of new stuff or old stuff is gonna be discussed in
the
> > forums, because of the Non-Disclosure Agreements. ;-)
> > --
> > ------------
> > Tom Pepper
> > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> > [Grumpy Old Geezer]
> > ------------

> > > Hopefully, they will eliminate some stuff too.

> > > --

> > > Shane Fowlkes
> > > Accelerated Computer Technologies
> > > www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> > > See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.acceleratedcomputers.com/tips.htm

> As
> > > told
> the
> at
> > > the

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by Raz » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

i was a beta tester on the last version.

any 'outside the loop' info would be great.

anyone got a website with inside ms info besides wininformant?

> *

> --

> Shane Fowlkes
> Accelerated Computer Technologies
> www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > From the description in Joseph O'Keefe's post, it looks like the
marketing
> folks got the upper hand again. New features sell
> > product, I guess.

> > > Hopefully, they will eliminate some stuff too.

> > > --

> > > Shane Fowlkes
> > > Accelerated Computer Technologies
> > > www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> > > See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> As
> > > told
> the
> at
> > > the

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by WebGu » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I'm with Shane. It's not just MS, obviously but they are the big boys. I'm
so sick of bloated software with 100's of obscure (and poorly-documented)
features that will never be used. But rarely if ever does commercial
software get leaner. Sigh.

--

[ Pete the WebGuy ]

> *

> --

> Shane Fowlkes
> Accelerated Computer Technologies
> www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > From the description in Joseph O'Keefe's post, it looks like the
marketing
> folks got the upper hand again. New features sell
> > product, I guess.

> > > Hopefully, they will eliminate some stuff too.

> > > --

> > > Shane Fowlkes
> > > Accelerated Computer Technologies
> > > www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> > > See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> As
> > > told
> the
> at
> > > the

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by David Berr » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Because of NDA, as Tom Pepper mentioned, we can NOT disclose any information
about the Beta.  Your best source is to keep an eye on the magazines like
WinMag etc for information.

--
====================================
David Berry - MCP

> i was a beta tester on the last version.

> any 'outside the loop' info would be great.

> anyone got a website with inside ms info besides wininformant?

> > *

> > --

> > Shane Fowlkes
> > Accelerated Computer Technologies
> > www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> > See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > > From the description in Joseph O'Keefe's post, it looks like the
> marketing
> > folks got the upper hand again. New features sell
> > > product, I guess.

> > As
> > the
> will
> > at

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by David Berr » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

You mean like operating systems - LOL.  I agree.  I used to use a great
utility many years back called PCTools.  If was small, fit on one floppy
with room to spare and I took it every where.  Then Central Point though we
should have more, and more, and more features until my great little program
took over 10 meg of space and wanted to control everything on my PC from
it's interface.

--
====================================
David Berry - MCP
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
NetSites Design Services http://www.veryComputer.com/
FrontPage Support: http://www.veryComputer.com/
 ====================================

> I'm with Shane. It's not just MS, obviously but they are the big boys. I'm
> so sick of bloated software with 100's of obscure (and poorly-documented)
> features that will never be used. But rarely if ever does commercial
> software get leaner. Sigh.

> --

> [ Pete the WebGuy ]

> > *

> > --

> > Shane Fowlkes
> > Accelerated Computer Technologies
> > www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> > See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > > From the description in Joseph O'Keefe's post, it looks like the
> marketing
> > folks got the upper hand again. New features sell
> > > product, I guess.

> > As
> > the
> will
> > at

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by Stephen Travi » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Yes, and someone ought to tell the marketing folks that they need to come up with a new marketing model. We can't wait two years for
major version upgrades when the technology is changing almost daily. Perhaps they should put some effort into free technology
updates (not just bug fixes). Otherwise the 'little guys' are going to walk away with the show.

> I'm with Shane. It's not just MS, obviously but they are the big boys. I'm
> so sick of bloated software with 100's of obscure (and poorly-documented)
> features that will never be used. But rarely if ever does commercial
> software get leaner. Sigh.

> --

> [ Pete the WebGuy ]

> > *

> > --

> > Shane Fowlkes
> > Accelerated Computer Technologies
> > www.acceleratedcomputers.com
> > See FrontPage Tips at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > > From the description in Joseph O'Keefe's post, it looks like the
> marketing
> > folks got the upper hand again. New features sell
> > > product, I guess.

> > As
> > the
> will
> > at

Microsoft releases second beta of new FrontPage

Post by Shane Fowlke » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I've said before (OK MVPs, take notes! <grin>), I'd love to see the next version of FP for professionals.  No image handling features, no Nav bars, Themes, DB Wizards, Banner Ad Managers, Hover Buttons, or other fluff.  Just a nice, stable, sleek, application with enhanced scripting features, script editor, and enhanced ASP, database functionality, and oh yes, "Save All".  It would be nice if they incorporated a database management applet too - kind of a Access/FP hybrid.

They're almost seems to be a need for 2 versions of FP"10".  A WYSIWYG version with all the point and click stuff and then a "professional" version.  Much like MS Works and MS Office.

Out of all the MS Office products ( I use them all), FP is my favorite.  FP is a great site management tool and could be just as great without the "fluff" features (and fixing the memory issues and increasing stablility would be a good idea too).

My two cents.