Creating a Database

Post by Bryan Bosel » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to use FP 98 to communicate with a database and then display the
results of a search.  Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this.

Thanx,
Bryan

Creating a Database

Post by Thomas Smit » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Bryan

Your best bet is to look in the FP manual to being with - a VERY simple
tutorial starts at p. 256. If you want to go in depth you will,
unfortunately, have to do some browsing on the web or visit your local
bookstore. Some of the MVPs on this newsgroup have some additional ASP
tutorials, which I am sure they will reference to you if they think they are
helpful.

Tom

--
Thomas Smith
Internet Marketing Consultant

ICQ UIN: 6281430

>I'm trying to use FP 98 to communicate with a database and then display the
>results of a search.  Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this.

>Thanx,
>Bryan

Creating a Database

Post by Thomas A. Row » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Bryan,

Here are a few links

IDC Programming Examples:
http://www.windowsmillennium.com/idcsample/

ASP Programming Examples:
http://www.activeserverpages.com/
http://www.asphole.com/asphole/default.asp
http://www.connectrans.com/takempis/
http://www.gpick.net/sbr/asp/builder.asp

Tom Rowe

Quote:>I'm trying to use FP 98 to communicate with a

database and then display the
Quote:>results of a search.  Can anyone tell me how to

go about doing this.

>Thanx,
>Bryan

Creating a Database

Post by Steven Ramire » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Bryan, the easiest way I've found is to create ASP files that use ADO to
retrieve the data. If you have Visual InterDev, there is a nice wizard that
will create these pages for you. For a really great book, go to www.wrox.com
and do a search on "Professional Active Server Pages". I hope this helps.

--
Steven Ramirez

1. FP created forms to database - how to make independent of FP extensions and auto create

I have some specialized database functionality I would like to add to the
form action. Which statements do I have to remove to make the database
writing independent of frontpage extensions and permanent so it isn't
rewritten when I go in to FP? I presume removing the webbot commands after
the "form" tag would be one step. Should I add an include statement for
fpdbform.inc? Thanks

2. John Carmack Tribute to Seumas McNally

3. How to create search function in database editor of database interface wizard

4. HPUX NIS client and Solaris server

5. Database access fails when frontpage creates global.asa

6. Error Message

7. creating an edit form when using a database

8. A3640 and 3000T

9. wizard created database access page error

10. Update error on Database Editor created by FP2002

11. FP 2002: One Form to create two database entries

12. Creating drop-down choices to query a database

13. Creating a linked spreadsheet or database?