Opening Excel and Word

Post by Bill Flahert » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Our Intranet uses IIS4 and we use FP98 to create pages etc.  A number of our
documents are in word and excel.  When I open one of these documents via the
intranet, I don't get the excel or word toolbars.  The browsers are either
IE3.02 or IE 4.01

TIA

Bill Flaherty

Opening Excel and Word

Post by Thomas A. Row » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Is Word/Excel install on these machines? You may need to reinstall IE.

--
====================================
Thomas Rowe

The HTML Writers Guild Member
International Webmaster Association Member

>Our Intranet uses IIS4 and we use FP98 to create pages etc.  A number of our
>documents are in word and excel.  When I open one of these documents via the
>intranet, I don't get the excel or word toolbars.  The browsers are either
>IE3.02 or IE 4.01

>TIA

>Bill Flaherty

1. Word and excel open as separate windows

When creating links on a frame page.  I want all links to
open in the main frame as a target.  All the links I have
created work fine except for links to word and excel
documents, that always launch the apps in a separate
window.  Any idea why this is happening or how to get them
to redirect to another frame.

(Also, I doubled-checked that the hyperlink properties are
consistent with other link that open in the main frame)

Thanks!!

2. Screen save ?

3. Opening Word documents and Excel spreadsheets

4. BTPC (with ChangeFSI)

5. Hyperlink to Excel or Word File - how to open in native program

6. Booting

7. open files with WORD / EXCEL

8. Opening Word/Excel docs within browser

9. Link to Excel application (Open a file in Excel)

10. link to an Excel file while Excel is already open prob.