FP98 Search: Cannot find functiond as specifien in help file....Is my version different?

FP98 Search: Cannot find functiond as specifien in help file....Is my version different?

Post by Christin » Mon, 20 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Greetings

Below are some FP  search properties I read in the help file. I can't
find some of them, especially the Maximum Records Per Query. Also when
I specify a directory to search, It still searches the whole web. I'm
sure the maximum records per query is not included in FP98. OR have I
missed something?

Thanks for any directions.
christine

Please read help file below:
--------begin copied help file----------------------------
Search Results Tab
Search Form Properties Dialog Box

A Search Form lets users search for text in all the pages of your
FrontPage web. The Search Form creates a form in which users type text
to locate, and then displays a list of hyperlinks to pages containing
the search text. The search string can include the Boolean keywords
and, not, or, and parentheses.

Dialog Box Options

Scope of Search

These fields control the scope of the search.

Entire Website

Choose this option to allow users to search all pages throughout your
entire Web site that are not stored in hidden folders.

This FrontPage Web

Choose this option to allow users to search all pages in the current
FrontPage web that are not stored in hidden folders.

Directory

Choose this option to allow users to search all pages in the specified
folder. Type the name of the folder in the box. If this web has a
discussion group, type the name of the discussion group folder to
allow users to search only entries in the discussion group.

Maximum Records Per Page

Specify the maximum number of records to display per search results
page.

Maximum Records Per Query

If you want to limit the number of records returned by a search,
specify that number here.

Additional Information to Display in the Search Results List

This box displays a list of fields which can return results in the
search results list. For each field that you want to return results in
the search results list, select the check box to the left of that
field.
-end of copied help file-------------------

1. FP98 Search: Cannot find functiond as specified in help file....Is my version different?

[...]

2. Sun 3/80 and Epson LQ-570

3. FP98 thinks I'm a different user than I am, HELP????

4. Replicate(?) Small Business Servers?

5. FP98 from FP98 Express cannot save files to Web Server - Help?

6. New Alt newsgroup

7. Cannot find the file "c:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\XL5PV70A\mypage.html"

8. HP Laserjet Series II Problem

9. different look in different IE versions

10. Newbie Q: include htm file has different appearance from standalone version

11. Using different versions of PWS with FP98...

12. Error using the Search WebBot in FP 97: "system cannot find the path specified"

13. system cannot find the file specified