Hosting Service on IIS/FrontPage '98

Post by John Tomelevag » Sun, 21 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I just changed to a new hosting service and I wanted to set permissions for
a sub-web via FrontPage '98.  This was no problem on my previous hosting
service (UNIX) however the new hosting service (NT & IIS) claim that they
must setup each new user/password combination for me!

Not only will this be inconvenient, I can't believe that Microsoft's own
products cannot work together to do this.

Does anybody here know if this is a real problem or if my hosting service is
just missing something?

Thank you,
--
John Tomelevage
Webmaster

Hosting Service on IIS/FrontPage '98

Post by Bob Lehman » Sun, 21 Mar 1999 04:00:00

The provider needs to set the permissions. NT is intended to be a secure,
centrally administered environment .
Emailing your provider to set up accounts is more inconvenient than doing it
yourself?
It's not a problem.
Bob Lehmann

>Hi,

>I just changed to a new hosting service and I wanted to set permissions for
>a sub-web via FrontPage '98.  This was no problem on my previous hosting
>service (UNIX) however the new hosting service (NT & IIS) claim that they
>must setup each new user/password combination for me!

>Not only will this be inconvenient, I can't believe that Microsoft's own
>products cannot work together to do this.

>Does anybody here know if this is a real problem or if my hosting service
is
>just missing something?

>Thank you,
>--
>John Tomelevage
>Webmaster
>West-Age Web Services
>http://www.west-age.com

1. Restricting Authors of FP '98 Web hosted on IIS (NT Server)

Hello all

This is probably very simple, however I will ask anyway.

I have got IIS set up on our NT Server and have got our website hosted on
it.

Everything is working fine, i.e users can view the website from our Network,
however, they can all also Author it in FrontPage '98.

Could someone please explain how I go about restricting Author access to a
select few users and Browse access to all users as the Permissions menu item
in FrontPage '98 is ghosted out.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

2. Question on DHCP Relay agent configuration on W2K SRV

3. FrontPage 98, changing web hosting services

4. Proposal: Timestamping Roundtable w/ PGP Sigs.

5. FREE Microsoft FrontPage 98 Commercial Web Hosting Service!

6. Handling Revisions - Repost

7. FP 97, IIS 3.0, .idc to Access95 (7.0) - IIS Service Stops.

8. Router 6.5

9. FrontPage 98 'no server at Port 80 on 'wumpus'

10. IIS Seperate Memory Space and FP'98

11. Hosting Service states that FP dosn't work!

12. New to FP 98 - my web host doesn't have the necessary FP extensions and....