1. Step by step MS article to display picture doesn't work
I am following the instructions from
to try to display a picture using Frontpage 2000. This article applies to
2002, but my FP 2000 offers the same menu items and I was told it will work
for FP 2000.
But when I try to "preview" the page, either I see ASP script in the browser
or it takes forever to load the page; after several minutes of waiting
Here are the steps, which I will do again. I appreciate any advice as to
what I may be doing wrong.
1.On a new page in a server-based web site, insert a form by clicking the
Insert menu, pointing to Form, and then clicking Textbox.
Ok, so I create a new 1 page web. I start Frontpage 2000, File => New => Web
=> One page Web => OK.
I can see the new web folder at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\myweb6
The new web contains a folder called "_private", a folder called "images"
and a page called "Default.htm".
Filt => New => Page => Normal page to add a new page. Insert => Form => One
Line Textbox. I can see a blank textbox and a SUBMIT and RESET button to the
2. Move your cursor to the Insert menu, point to Form, and then click
So I click Insert => Form => One Line Textbox and can see a 2nd textbox to
the right of the first.
3. Double-click the first text box, and then type the word Description in
the Name box.
4. Double-click the second text box, and then type the word Image in the
Ok, I do that.
5. On the file menu, click Save As, type ASPsample.asp in the File name box,
and click Save.
I do that. Now I can see the asp file too in the FP Folder List.
6. Right-click the form, and then click Form Properties on the shortcut
7. Click Send to database, and then click Options.
8. On the Database Results tab, click Create Database.
When you see a message that FrontPage has successfully created a database,
9. Click the Additional Fields tab. Select each field, and then click
10. Click OK twice, and then save the page.
After step 8, I see the message: "Frontpage has successfully created a
database for you. The database can be found at "fpdb/AspSample.mdb". When
using the Database Results Wizard, use the data connection "Asp Sample"."
If I open the folder "fpdb" in the Folder List, I can see the Access
11. Click Preview in Browser
Here's where the problem is.
I do that, and the IE status bar increments pixel-by-pixel. After several
minutes, nothing happens.
I open Personal Web Manager => Advanced => Scroll down to "myweb6" => Edit
properties => and under Application Permissions I click "Execute (including
Then I try to preview in browser and get a message that the page cannot be
found "The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
changed, or is temporarily unavailable."
Anybody have any ideas? I'm lost.
2. And not really ARM specific, but ..
3. ms FP 98 step by step book with cd lessons can't delete lessons
4. >64mb ram = CDR drive doesn't burn properly??
5. Step By Step Courseware MS Frontpage 2000 Question
6. ldap and dns
7. MS Frontpage 2000 Tutorial "Step by Step" ...Help!
8. SIMPLE AddString WON'T WORK! WHY!!!!
9. 2002 FrontPage Step by Step tutorial doen't match my computer screen
10. Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Step by Step
11. Step by Step Frontpage 2002
12. Patch for Front Page Version 2002 Step by Step
13. Step by Step for Frontpage 2002