Problem with report using a drop down box selector.

Problem with report using a drop down box selector.

Post by david taylo » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 04:18:03

I have created a website where users can download
information about members. This selection is by city in
which the member lives. I have a search page that lists
cities and a report that presents the results. When I
select any City name from the search page the reportlists
ALL records on the access database and not just the
selected city entries.

Problem with report using a drop down box selector.

Post by Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FP » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 10:15:24

You need to modify the query statement in the second page to use the search criteria selected in the first page.
SELECT * FROM articles WHERE (issueDate = #::issueDate::#)

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> I have created a website where users can download
> information about members. This selection is by city in
> which the member lives. I have a search page that lists
> cities and a report that presents the results. When I
> select any City name from the search page the reportlists
> ALL records on the access database and not just the
> selected city entries.

1. How to have 2nd drop down box filtered by 1st drop down box ON SAME PAGE

Hi All:

I'm working on a re-design/upgrade of an existing site. We have a "search
for retail outlet" type drop down box. The first drop down box includes USA,
Australia, Canada. The 2nd drop down box includes the 50 states, some
Canadian and Australian provinces/territories.

I need to know if there is a way to have the first drop down box filter the
second, so if I choose US it will only show the 50 states, or Canada will
only show those provinces, or Australia only those territories. I want to
keep this on THE SAME PAGE.

The website is at:

http://www.jewelcraft.biz/index2.htm

Regards,

Richard M. Coda
PC Type Graphic Design

2. Mapping unix homedir with nt auth.

3. Drop Down Box To Drop Down Box

4. Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0 on SGI O2 unable to find fonts

5. 2000 Drop Down Menu - 2002 Drop Down Box

7. Using A Drop down box to link to other pages on your site

8. Justifying Development tools

9. Using a drop-down box as a search form

10. FP 2K Using Drop Down Box to "Go"

11. Using Drop down boxes in FP97

12. Trouble Using Drop-Down Boxes

13. Using Drop down boxes in FORMS