Got a moment? Critique my opening page

Post by sad.. » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for comments on a site I just took to frames using FP98

would appreciate stats on your monitor size, and resolution you're
running at

TIA

http://www.docexpress.com/test

Got a moment? Critique my opening page

Post by keny » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

looks great.... nice graphics and colours.

>I'm looking for comments on a site I just took to frames using FP98

>would appreciate stats on your monitor size, and resolution you're
>running at

>TIA

>http://www.docexpress.com/test

Got a moment? Critique my opening page

Post by Sandra Frat » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

stats:  800 x 600, high color, monitor=15", 56K connection.

Looks good, loads quickly.  One suggestion - Instead of using "Not Done Yet"
on your links page, something like "Under Construction" or "Updating Links.
Please return soon" would be more professional sounding.

Sandra

>I'm looking for comments on a site I just took to frames using FP98

>would appreciate stats on your monitor size, and resolution you're
>running at

>TIA

>http://www.docexpress.com/test

Got a moment? Critique my opening page

Post by bob » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

21" viewsonic PT813, 800X600 res, 32 bit color, 56K modem

Looked good to me. 640 X480 will obvioulsy require horizontal scrolling
though.  Have you previewed it a higher resolutions and lowered colors
settings?  I had to widen the left handed background on my site so it
would't repeat itself at 1200 or so wide.  I thought the layout was good,
fast, and easy to navigate.  Wish I had some more complaints for ya, but I
don't :-)

Homepage: http://www.bobspoolservice.com/photopage
Business Page: http://www.bobspoolservice.com

Got a moment? Critique my opening page

Post by Sandra Frat » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Sue, Thanks for the help but it was not my page! <G>  You saw my critique
but I am sure the actual author saw your post.  I don't want to take credit
for his work.

Sandra

>Hi Sandra

>Your site looks good and loads well.<snip>

1. How to open up a Hyperlinked page so it also opens the main page ?

Hi, I'm using FP2000.
I have a web site ( www.egard.com.au ) which I have used frames so that the
hover buttons are fixed on the left side and all subsequent pages open in
the frame on the right (Main frame).

When I send someone or hyperlink to a URL ie;
http://www.egard.com.au/laminators.htm it only opens that page.  How can I,
if it can be done.  Open the hover buttons frame window with the Laminators
page in the main frame as it does via the website ?

Any advice appreciated.

kind regards

John.   Beginner..

2. DTA019 error

3. Just want to stop for a moment and say thanks.

4. Modem disconnected immediately after starting PPP

5. Please take a moment and check out my sites

6. Windows 2000 IP Broadcasting sends Sender IP 127.0.0.1. Why?

7. PLEASE take a moment to answer a few simple questions

8. Compuserve Mail to MS Outlook Express Mail

9. Still having problem getting second windows to open

10. Clearing the "Getting Started" menu when opening a FP web

11. Getting a hover button to open a new window

12. Getting Web Page to Fit on Standard Print Page

13. Getting Acrobat pages to display inside a FrontPage web page