Best UML Case Tool for Use Case Driven Analysis

Best UML Case Tool for Use Case Driven Analysis

Post by arbi.. » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi!
I'm currently evaluating UML Case Tools, concentrating on Use Case
driven development.
Of course, the industry leader is Rational Rose, but my first
impressions are unfavourable. I find it weak on Use Cases and bad at
model decomposition (drilling down through the model hierarchy) and
just generally bad in its visual modelling.
Other products I have looked at at Object Domain (much better visually)
and ArgoUML (open source).
Anyone out there got some opinions/recommendations and/or experiences
they'd like to share - 'cause I'd sure like to listen!!! :)
Thanks in advance for any input on this,
Alan Biggs
Calgary.ca

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Best UML Case Tool for Use Case Driven Analysis

Post by microg.. » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi Alan,

Take a look at WithClass 99.  It has a fairly extensive set of use
case shapes in its diagraming + you can add stereotypes (extends, etc.)
to your diagram.  Drilling down is done by associating cases with other
diagrams.  A free trial version can be downloaded at
http://www.microgold.com

-Mike Gold
Sr. Developer
MicrOGOLD Software Inc.
http://www.microgold.com

> Hi!
> I'm currently evaluating UML Case Tools, concentrating on Use Case
> driven development.
> Of course, the industry leader is Rational Rose, but my first
> impressions are unfavourable. I find it weak on Use Cases and bad at
> model decomposition (drilling down through the model hierarchy) and
> just generally bad in its visual modelling.
> Other products I have looked at at Object Domain (much better
visually)
> and ArgoUML (open source).
> Anyone out there got some opinions/recommendations and/or experiences
> they'd like to share - 'cause I'd sure like to listen!!! :)
> Thanks in advance for any input on this,
> Alan Biggs
> Calgary.ca

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Best UML Case Tool for Use Case Driven Analysis

Post by thomas_fen.. » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Have a look at objectiF http://www.microtool.de/objectiF/en/index.htm
Version 4.5 will be released in late March 2000.
In this version there will be very interesting features for use cases
like refining use cases with activity diagrams, stereotyping all
reletionships in the diagrams like now the elements and assigning use
cases to activities in activitiy diagrams for building a bridge from BPR
to requirements.
There is also a powerful storyboarding functionality. Textual
documentation is realized by embedding MS-Word documents in the
multi-user repository as a property of use cases, relationships, actors,
diagrams, classes or what ever.
BR
Thomas Fenske
microTOOL GmbH

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. association in Robustness Analysis in UML Use Case driven approch

Hi, All:
  I am wondering if there has any difference between unidirectional association
  and bidirectional association in Robustness Analysis.

  Bidirectional association only exists between (control and boundary) or
  (control and entity).

  If bidirectional association means that the entity can raise such a control,
  Not all bidirectional association in Doug Rosenberg's book "Use Case Driven
  Object Modeling with UML" conform this defintion.

  The reason to ask this question is because I want to understand if the
  different association will have some important difference meaning.

Cheers
linkspeed

2. Three Borders on a Table?

3. Best Case tool for OO analysis/modelling

4. High ethernet collision rates

5. TRADE-IN YOUR SHELFWARE CASE TOOL - Get a Hot CASE Tool FREE!!

6. No server on port 80

7. Object-oriented analysis and design Tools or Case tools.

8. how can I check out other bill payment services

9. Use Case & UML : are use case diagrams necessary ?

10. Which case in case of case-insensitive?

11. Use Case CASE tools/aids

12. Doing requirment Analysis on a CASE tool?

13. Announcing: a forum for users of Analysis/Design CASE tools