Major Problem with OMTool !!!!!?????

Post by Rajeev Agarw » Sat, 17 Apr 1993 07:09:52

I have recently started working with OMTool.  I have a major
problem with it.  Whenever an object diagram is loaded,
everything works fine until the scroll bar is hit either
horizontally or vertically.  My object diagram is big and I cannot
possibly fit it all in one screen.  I have already increased the
page size and that is no problem.  But the moment the scrolling
is done, THE KEYBOARD LOCKS UP!!!!!  I cannot type anything else.
(Other stuff still works fine, though :-))

Has anybody else encountered a similar problem.  It is hard to
imagine that if this bug exists and has bnot been detected before.

Please help!!!!!!

--Rajeev Agarwal
  Mississippi State University

Major Problem with OMTool !!!!!?????

Post by Clinton C. Gilli » Sat, 17 Apr 1993 22:14:19

> I have recently started working with OMTool.  I have a major
> problem with it.  Whenever an object diagram is loaded,
> everything works fine until the scroll bar is hit either
> horizontally or vertically.  My object diagram is big and I cannot
> possibly fit it all in one screen.  I have already increased the
> page size and that is no problem.  But the moment the scrolling
> is done, THE KEYBOARD LOCKS UP!!!!!  I cannot type anything else.
> (Other stuff still works fine, though :-))

> Has anybody else encountered a similar problem.  It is hard to
> imagine that if this bug exists and has bnot been detected before.

> Please help!!!!!!

> --Rajeev Agarwal
>   Mississippi State University

Support for OMTool can be obtained by sending e-mail to:

Clinton C. Gilliam, Consultant              | Martin Marietta
Advanced Concepts Center                    | 640 Freedom Business Center
Voice # (215) 992-6244 FAX # (215) 992-6299 | P.O. Box 1561
            8*566-6244                      | King of Prussia, PA  19406

1. Row Major versus Column Major Initialization

Hello All,

Here is the row major initialization:

#define ASIZE 4096
long int A[ASIZE][ASIZE];

void main()
{
 double Duration;
 clock_t Start, Finish;

 int nI,
  nJ,
  nN;

 Start = clock();
 for(nN = 0;nN < 100; nN++)
      for(nI = 0;nI < ASIZE; nI++)             --Row major initialization
           for(nJ = 0; nJ < ASIZE;nJ++)
                A[nI][nJ];

 Finish = clock();

 Duration = (double)(Finish-Start)/CLOCKS_PER_SEC;

 cout << "\tDuration = " << Duration << endl;

for column major just switch the above two for loops like so:
for(nJ = 0; nJ < ASIZE;nJ++)
    for(nI = 0;nI < ASIZE; nI++)             --Column major initialization
           A[nI][nJ];

Im working in Visual Studio 6.0 on Win NT 4.0 sp5

My question is this ..... why is the column major initialization every bit as fast as the Row major?
I expected the Row Major to blow the doors off of the column major.

Can someone provide an answer?

Rance

2. Jeppesen Charts and Article

3. row major/col major matrix

4. CHKDSK Documentation, HELP!

5. Major problem with Win2000 and threads

6. user profiles

7. Windows 95 DUN - Major SMM PROBLEM

8. passing command line arguments on in winmain

9. major tapi3 problems

10. major pthreads problem

11. Major Problem!! with Spawn

12. gethostbyname has one heck of a major problem...

13. Recreating Dialog Boxes... Major Problem...