JUnit Framework description

Post by JOHN CONWEL » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:47:33

I'm trying to implement the JUnit Framework in another language and have
been looking for a detailed description of how it is implemented.  Does
anyone have a link that describes its design?  All I can seem to find are
already made JUnit tools and I'd like to implement my own.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

JUnit Framework description

Post by Pete McBree » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:06:02

Quote:>I'm trying to implement the JUnit Framework in another language and
have
>been looking for a detailed description of how it is implemented.  Does
>anyone have a link that describes its design?  All I can seem to find
are
>already made JUnit tools and I'd like to implement my own.

see www.junit.org and the orginal cooks tour written by Kent Beck and
Erich Gamma at http://junit.sourceforge.net/doc/cookstour/cookstour.htm

Unless you are doing it for fun you might also want to check out
www.xprogramming.com to ensure that someone else hasn't already done a
version in your language. http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm lists
rather a lot of languages:-)

Pete
----
Pete McBreen, McBreen.Consulting , Cochrane, AB

Author, "Software Craftsmanship The New Imperative"
Addison-Wesley (C) 2002

JUnit Framework description

Post by JOHN CONWEL » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:58:49

As sick as it sounds, yes...I am doing it for fun.
I looked at some of the implementations and I have my own ideas/changes I'd
like to apply.
Thanks,
John

> >I'm trying to implement the JUnit Framework in another language and
> have
> >been looking for a detailed description of how it is implemented.  Does
> >anyone have a link that describes its design?  All I can seem to find
> are
> >already made JUnit tools and I'd like to implement my own.

> see www.junit.org and the orginal cooks tour written by Kent Beck and
> Erich Gamma at http://junit.sourceforge.net/doc/cookstour/cookstour.htm

> Unless you are doing it for fun you might also want to check out
> www.xprogramming.com to ensure that someone else hasn't already done a
> version in your language. http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm lists
> rather a lot of languages:-)

> Pete
> ----
> Pete McBreen, McBreen.Consulting , Cochrane, AB

> Author, "Software Craftsmanship The New Imperative"
> Addison-Wesley (C) 2002
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201733862

1. JUnit Framework description

I'm trying to implement the JUnit Framework in another language and have
been looking for a detailed description of how it is implemented.  Does
anyone have a link that describes its design?  All I can seem to find are
already made JUnit tools and I'd like to implement my own.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

2. Previous Desktop, How to make current?

3. Control Systems Framework or Motion Control Framework

4. Process id question

5. Test cases organization (JUnit, Ant...)

6. Goal! Piracy

7. JUnit: Generic interface testing

8. When to use typed DataSets

9. TestingUnits (JUnit,CppUnit ...)

10. Can't get build to fail with junit, ant, and cruisecontrol

11. Measure time for each single test in JUnit

12. Code generation of JUnit test cases

13. Trouble Using JUnit