Looking for a good Post-Use Case Book?

Post by Shane Mingi » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:53:10

Hi

I did a search for any recent book recommendation postings but they
tended to be about "introduction to OO type" books.  I am looking for
something specific (I think).

I have read Writing Effective Use Cases -*burn and Advanced Use
Case Modeling (Software Systems) - Armour & Miller and found both to
be excellent books and a great help to the task of learning use case
modeling and creating the textual information that makes up a use
case.

Armour and Miller briefly touch on the topic of Object Modeling and
mapping the use cases to an analysis object model using a CRUD matrix,
an Expanded CRUD Matrix, and Sequence Diagrams.

What I am looking for is a book (or books) that treat the subject of
Object Modeling in the same manner that Armour and Miller treat Use
Case Modeling.

Any recommendations?

TIA
Shane

Looking for a good Post-Use Case Book?

Post by J Quic » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 05:01:49

Quote:> Hi

> I did a search for any recent book recommendation postings but they
> tended to be about "introduction to OO type" books.  I am looking for
> something specific (I think).

> I have read Writing Effective Use Cases -*burn and Advanced Use
> Case Modeling (Software Systems) - Armour & Miller and found both to
> be excellent books and a great help to the task of learning use case
> modeling and creating the textual information that makes up a use
> case.

> Armour and Miller briefly touch on the topic of Object Modeling and
> mapping the use cases to an analysis object model using a CRUD matrix,
> an Expanded CRUD Matrix, and Sequence Diagrams.

> What I am looking for is a book (or books) that treat the subject of
> Object Modeling in the same manner that Armour and Miller treat Use
> Case Modeling.

> Any recommendations?

Take a look at the following books:

Use Case Driven Object Modeling with UML by Doug Rosenberg
Object Modeling and User Interface Design by Mark van Harmelen
Building Web Applications with UML by Jim Conallen
The Unified Software Development Process by Jacobson, Booch, Rumbaugh

The Rosenberg book describes a framework for moving from the Analysis to
Design domains using the Robustness Analysis and Interaction Modeling.  This
provides a means to map the requirements to the design domain to produce the
dynamic diagrams (Sequence, Collaboration, & State diagrams) and the static
diagrams (Domain model and Class diagrams).

1. Q: Looking For A Good Case Tool

I am a computer science student in an OOD class.  We are wanting to do some
OOA & OOD using a nice case tool.  We are trying to use the Rational Rose C++
demo but it will only use 3 classes and will not save.  They sell a student
copy for about $600, but I was wondering if any body new of a good free/cheep
case tool that supports OMT, Booch, or Unified method. I don't care what O/S
it will run on right now, I am just looking for options. I will be interested
in any input in my hunt for a case tool.
                                                            Thanks    Chad

2. CDROM in ITALY : DTI DYNAMIC DESIGNER MOTION 14.0_c1 - For Mechanical Desktop V2.0 AND MUCH MORE

3. New book on OOD/CASE by Brumbaugh any good?

4. Video Game Programming

5. Q: Looking For A Good Case Tool

6. Is there any way to use the Regional settings of client for my web

7. looking for OOD book with UML and case studies

8. HTML tag with xsl:attribute with CDATA

9. Looking for a good GDI book....

10. Looking for a good book...

11. Looking for a good book refrence

12. Looking for a good GDI book....

13. Looking for good BC for Winsock book