OOP in a non-OOP environment

Post by jwat.. » Thu, 08 Apr 1993 15:43:36

I am researching information on OOP in a non-OOP environment for a
research seminar.
I have perused ECOOP '91, the JOOPs journals and have yet to find
Object Messenger. Of the articles I have looked at there seems to be no
relevant information.

As yet I have not decided whether to present info on OOP in a non-OOP
with relation to a particular package, or just in general.

I have racked my brains (and the local libraries here in Melbourne) and
have come up with nothing.

I would be grateful for information on any relevant journal articles, OR
better still, an FTP archive site containing abstracts, or journal
entries in full.

It may even be fruitful to here the views of people out there in the
Internet world.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!!!

(I was hoping to have the seminar prepared by 19th April, but have been
stopped by lack of information...)

Jason Watson

Department of Information Systems, Monash University, Melbourne, VIC,
OZ.

P.S. Replies by e-mail would be appreciated. (We sometimes have trouble
accessing the Internet news)

1. Using UML for non-OOP purposes???

Hello,

I'm somewhat new to UML and only know it as an OOA&D tool.  I learned that a
group at my company was evaluating it for use with procedural development.
From my point of view this would be of questionable value but as I said, I'm
somewhat new to all of this.  Use cases, okay -- but, for the most part,
most of it seems very orientated to class design and development.  However,
I did read that it could be used for 'business and non-software development'
(a document on Rational's site) and this also sounded somewhat strange.

Has anyone seen or heard of it being used for procedural programming or for
any other non-OOP applications?

Thank you,
Rusty Williamson

2. HELP!!! abcDB or Other Program?

3. What is the motivation for OOP--from an OOP newbie

4. Programming pattern recognition

5. CATCH and THROW in a OOP environment

6. Problems on boards!!

7. Looking for OOA/OOP environment for Windows 95

8. Open enrollment DECforms course...

9. OOP/MOTIF environment

10. How to model X environment in OOD/OOP?

11. OOP and interactive graphical environments

12. Win32 and OOP (non MFC)

13. OOP/OOD: Extensions of Non-OO Data Abstractions?