ANNOUNCE: XP Immersion Training in Santa Cruz, CA: Beck, Fowler, Jeffries, Martin Instructors

ANNOUNCE: XP Immersion Training in Santa Cruz, CA: Beck, Fowler, Jeffries, Martin Instructors

Post by Lowell Lindstro » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

"None better in the industry!!"  - feedback from XP Immersion One

What:  XP Immersion Training - 5 Intensive Days of XP in Java or C++
When:  February 28-March 3, 2000
Where:  Santa Cruz, CA
Instructors:  Kent Beck, Martin Fowler, Ron Jeffries, Robert Martin
Course size will be limited, so register early!

For details and registration visit http://www.objectmentor.com, send e-mail

Following the great success of the first XP Immersion Training last
December,
Object Mentor announces the next  XP Immersion Training Course in northen
California.
Now expanded to include C++ programmers!

Extreme Programming (XP) has sparked much interest and debate in the
software development community.  The practices of XP challenge many
established norms of software development.  The success stories and common
sense approach make XP a compelling approach to software development which
will have a profound impact on the software development community in the
years to come.

Through this course, students will experience a week of Extreme Programming.
During the days, an application will be developed in Java or C++ using the
practices of XP.  Brief lecture, demonstration, and coaching will be
provided
by Kent Beck, Martin Fowler, Ron Jeffries, Robert Martin, and others.
Evenings
will feature talks on topics related to XP.

"Out-[snip]ing-standing, the most frustrating, educational, and worthwile
experience I've had"
                                 - more feedback from XP Immersion One

ANNOUNCE: XP Immersion Training in Santa Cruz, CA: Beck, Fowler, Jeffries, Martin Instructors

Post by Mark Windholt » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Excellent!

I attended the first course and recommend it to every OO programmer.
Although I read the book and a few articles beforehand, the class put all
the pieces in place for me.
Because of this course my outlook on software quality, and delivery has
changed.
XP is going to change the software industry by increasing quality while
reducing cost and risk.

Take this course and you'll be convinced too.
- Mark Windholtz

> "None better in the industry!!"  - feedback from XP Immersion One

> What:  XP Immersion Training - 5 Intensive Days of XP in Java or C++
> When:  February 28-March 3, 2000
> Where:  Santa Cruz, CA
> Instructors:  Kent Beck, Martin Fowler, Ron Jeffries, Robert Martin
> Course size will be limited, so register early!

> For details and registration visit http://www.objectmentor.com, send
e-mail

> Following the great success of the first XP Immersion Training last
> December,
> Object Mentor announces the next  XP Immersion Training Course in northen
> California.
> Now expanded to include C++ programmers!

> Extreme Programming (XP) has sparked much interest and debate in the
> software development community.  The practices of XP challenge many
> established norms of software development.  The success stories and common
> sense approach make XP a compelling approach to software development which
> will have a profound impact on the software development community in the
> years to come.

> Through this course, students will experience a week of Extreme
Programming.
> During the days, an application will be developed in Java or C++ using the
> practices of XP.  Brief lecture, demonstration, and coaching will be
> provided
> by Kent Beck, Martin Fowler, Ron Jeffries, Robert Martin, and others.
> Evenings
> will feature talks on topics related to XP.

> "Out-[snip]ing-standing, the most frustrating, educational, and worthwile
> experience I've had"
>                                  - more feedback from XP Immersion One

1. ANNOUNCE: XP Training - Beck, Fowler, Martin Instructors

What:  XP Training provided by Object Mentor, Inc.
When:  December 6-10, 1999
Where:  Deerfield, IL  (Chicago-suburb)
Instructors:  Kent Beck, Martin Fowler, Robert Martin, and others
Course size will be limited, so register early!

For details and registration visit http://www.objectmentor.com, send e-mail

Extreme Programming (XP) has sparked much interest and debate in the
software development community.  The practices of XP challenge many
established norms of software development.  The success stories and common
sense approach make XP a compelling approach to software development which
will have a profound impact on the software development community in the
years to come.

Through this course, students will experience a week of eXtreme Programming.
During the days, an application will be developed in Java using the
practices of XP.  Brief lecture and mentoring will be provided by Kent Beck,
Martin Fowler, Robert Martin, and others.  Evenings will feature talks on
topics related to XP.  Other speakers will include notable contributors to
the XP and Refactoring communities.

2. vi editor for os/2

3. XP2000 invited speakers: Ron Jeffries, Robert C. Martin, Ralph Johnson, Dave Thomas, and Martin Fowler

4. C# In-memory IStorage

5. Need Modem help for 2gs

6. eXPedition -- Kent Beck, Ron Jeffries, and Robert Martin tour of the East Coast.

7. OFFERED: Free DSP filter software

8. XP Immersion Training last week.

9. XP Extreme Programming Immersion Training.

10. Announce: Robert Martin on XP!

11. Slightly unclear in POEA by Martin Fowler

12. Question for Uncle Bob, Martin Fowler, Topmind, H S Lahman